Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drdolittle1990 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Replacing 99 Honda Accord stereo system
    I wanted to know the specifics how to replace the stereo system on my 99 Honda Accord. Any car master out here can help how to do it? I'll highly appreciates it!

TIA!
    Smith2580 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2007, 10:59 AM
    What exactly are you replacing? The entire system, head unit, door speaker? Once you find that out you need to know what kind of music you listen to. Are you wanting a subwoofer? What kind of sound are you wanting; Loud, Clarity, Both? Once you answer all of these I can tell you exactly what to do.
    drdolittle1990 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2007, 03:02 PM
    Just the stereo... and nothing fancy... I'll continue to use the old speaker systems... I just don't like the old stereo it has...
    Smith2580 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2007, 09:16 PM
    Well by stereo I'm guessing a radio (head unit). Go to a local stereo shop, walmart, even bestbuy or circuit city. Ask for a 99 honda accord wiring harness. It should have two pigtails on each end. Take your old "stereo" out and your new "stereo" should have a pigtail on it. Take the harness from the car and connect it to the one you bought. That one should then hook to the "stereo" and... TaDa

P.S. Hope it's not too confusing, if you don't get something send me a message

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1995 Honda Accord Ex Stereo Wiring [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so my 1995 Honda Accord Ex's radio was stolen and now I don't know which wires go to what. I found a website that tells me which wire goes to the speakers and the whole nine yards but it says I should have a blue wire with a white stripe. I do not have that wire but I do have a white wire with...

Audio system in 2003 Honda Accord Not Working [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All, I have a 2003 Honda Accord, LX model. In the last 3 weeks or so, I have noticed a continuing problem with my audio system. I thought it might have been my battery since I was also having problems with it draining really quickly. But after I got a brand new battery put in, I was still...

1990 honda accord system wide failure [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord has been taken care of for its whole life but recently we had to take it out of the garage so we could put another vehicle in it and then everything went to hell... It started small, a squeaking sound coming from the steering column (Spelling?) whenever I turned the top of the...

Replacing Ignition in 1992 Honda Accord LX [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to replace the ignition cylinder assembly in my 1992 Honda Accord LX, automatic. What is the trick to getting the old one out. I have the steering column disaasembled but I can't figure out how to actually remove the old cylinder. Any suggestios?

View more questions Search