Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doodle-doo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 10:21 AM
    Orthodox jewish women
    How are orthodow jewish women treated:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
    amyswrite Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 10:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by doodle-doo
    how are orthodow jewish women treated:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
    What do you mean?
    We are treated very well. Held in high respect and regard by our friends, families, and husbands who are all very loving. Do you have a specific concern?
    We are not beaten or anything ;) (well I mean there are bad men everywhere but its not Jewish law to use and abuse women if that's what your asking)
    rosends Posts: 78, Reputation: 22

Sep 16, 2007, 01:41 PM
    My wife hasn't complained...

While there might be situations where men exploit law and community standards and act improperly, Judaism culturally values the unique and important role women play.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Hello doodle:

I treat mine like a sex slave.

excon
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 08:42 AM
    I see Jewish have high family values so I assume their women are treated fair. The women must take care of lots of house work and children's education.
    rosends Posts: 78, Reputation: 22

Oct 22, 2007, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicespringgirl
    I see Jewish have high family values so I assume their women are treated fair. The women must take care of lots of house work and children's education.
    Actually, the burden of education falls on the father, but the mother is considered a real source of learning. And I do a whole bunch of the housework.

While the "traditional gender roles" certainly are often found and the theology does delineate some "jobs" for each partner the notion of "must" limited to one parent isn't accurate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jewish Tradition: [ 2 Answers ]

Christian tradition views sin as an enslavement rather than something fun we are denied. Does the Jewish tradition view the Law as a gift from God as opposed to an option or curse? HANK :confused:

How jewish woman are treated [ 2 Answers ]

I was curious as to if orthodox Jews make their wives step three steps behind them. I was also curios as to if it is true that woman are not allowed to speak to other men without the presence of their husband?

Am I Jewish? [ 2 Answers ]

I understand that Jewish descent is matrilineal, but how far back does that go -- all the way back to Moses, or just a generation or two? In researching my geneaology, I just discovered that my great-great-great grandmother (on my mother's side, straight matrilineal descent to me) was Jewish....

Am I Jewish [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Emily, My question is "Am I Jewish "? I have been told that unless my family members that were Jewish,were from my mother's side of our family I couldn't claim my Jewish Roots is this true? I'm very confused, why should it make any difference or does it? :confused:

View more questions Search