Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zaccarterlmt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2007, 09:10 PM
    I sold a friend a laptop and she agreed to pay it, but she won't make payments.
    Ok.. a friend of mine agreed to pay two debts, one for wrecking my car and another for a laptop she has owed me money for. It has been on the laptop about a year and several months.. she has paid very little towards that.. and she agreed to pay for the damages to my vehicle when that occurred which she has only paid about 10 dollars to. And the laptop debt she's paid about 300 with 900ish left.

She lost the laptop, claimed that someone stole it and has failed to make any further payments or communications.

I have a written up agreement with her signature and date... as well mine, and payment history via paypal.

She also gave me a sighned check.. for collateral but I don't know if that's even worth a try.

THIS HAS CAUSED MUCH DISTRESS TO ME... AND GREAT DISRESPECT TOWARDS HER.

I hate it... hate how its made me feel.
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Jun 28, 2007, 02:51 AM
    Give her one last chance, tell her you're going to take her to court, if she doesn't then I would certainly take this woman to small claims court, especially if you have a written agreement!

It will probably end your friendship, but what sort of a friend does this kind of thing to you?

Hopefully one of the experts will pick up on this too!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help to make a laptop act as another TV [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, my question today is about how to view the TV channels on laptop to Record a TV show.. what do I need in a laptop so that I can be able to do this.. I Heard many different ways to do this and I am so confused now and don't know Which laptop can do this.. some sources say I need a video in...

We all make mistakes, and we all pay a price for it. [ 9 Answers ]

We all make mistakes, and we all pay a price for it.

Can I offer to make payments in court? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been served on a credit card debt. I must appear in court, which I will. The debt is $1100.00 plus the credit card co is requesting attorney fees. I called and offered the credit card co $100 per month which they declined. I work for my husband, and he pays me cash, so they will...

Do I pay Capital gains on property sold in Italy? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a US Citizen and US resident, but I own real estate in Italy. I wish to sell it, and in Italy there are no capital gains taxes on real estate. My question is, must I pay capital gains on this property here in the States? Thanks! Sal

Do I pay tax on inherited property sold? [ 7 Answers ]

My brothers and I (4 of us) each inherited equal portions of my mother's house when she died. We sold the house shortly after the estate was settled and each of us received ~ 18,000 (there was no mortgage). Now, I am aware that any gain is taxed as long term no matter how long we owned it, since it...

View more questions Search