Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    schaliki Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2007, 06:49 PM
    Furnace fan not starting in Auto mode
    Hi, I have a Concord Gas Furnace with Carrier Central A/C. Today I found out that the blower is not starting whenever A/C kicks in. It doesn't auto start for heat either. Tried setting Fan in Always ON mode and still doesn't start. However if I turn off Heat/Cool and leave the Fan in Always ON mode and turn the power to the furnace off and back on, blower starts. While in this mode, if I turn on Cool or Heat, the fan turns off after a minute or two and never turns on again unless I repeat the procedure mentioned earlier. Thought it might be the Thermostat and replaced it. Problem didn't go away. The PC board on the furnace reads "Honeywell Smart Valve II Ignition System". It uses four wires for the Thermostat. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    -SC
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 27, 2007, 09:58 PM
    Sounds like your unit is controlled by a circuit board in the furnace area. These can be expensive parts and before you replace I would have a on site service call to determine exactly what part is defective. It could also be the thermostat depending upon what model number you have since some of them can be set up for delay activation and many other options.
    schaliki Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 06:03 AM
    Yes, it does have Circuit board to which the wires from the thermostat get terminated and also the wires from blower and such. I attached a picture of the furnace which I copied from the Concord brochure. Is there anything I can do before requesting a service call?
    Name:  Drawing1.jpg
Views: 1253
Size:  109.5 KB
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 28, 2007, 06:42 AM
    At this point in time I am going to take a guess that it is the board. They do fail quite often but are not cheap. It is your decission as to what to do next.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat Q - Blower Does Not Turn ON in FAN Auto Mode [ 10 Answers ]

I just installed a NOMA 7-day programmable thermostat for an electric furnace/AC system (ceiling unit). I believe the wiring (5-wire) is correct. When I set it to COOL with Fan set to AUTO, it turns on the A/C and the fan automatically. Good. But when I set it to HEAT with Fan set to AUTO,...

Furnace turns off at 'ON' mode and will not operate at 'AUTO' mode [ 6 Answers ]

The furnace will not turns on at "ON' mode. After some reading, I thought it would be the pilot light that has gone out. I re-lighted the pilot light to see blue-red flame, but the furnace will turn off AGAIN after 3-4 hrs. Replaced a new Honeywell non-programmable thermostat today with the...

Furnace turns off at 'ON' mode and will not operate at 'AUTO' mode [ 2 Answers ]

The furnace will not turns on at "ON' mode. After some reading, I thought it would be the pilot light that has gone out. I re-lighted the pilot light to see blue-red flame, but the furnace will turn off AGAIN after 3-4 hrs. Replaced a new Honeywell non-programmable thermostat today with the...

Furnace will not ignite in Auto mode. [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Armstrong-Air Gas-Fired furnace G1D91AU and a programmable thermostat which when I set to heat and says system on but the furnace is not turning on. If I set the thermostat to ON the furnace runs but is blowing cold air. It this a problem with my thremostat or my furnace itself? I...

Auto Furnace Fan [ 1 Answers ]

The auto fan works fine when set to air conditioner, however, it does not work when put to heat (furnace) side. The furnace works because when you put it to fan only it will blow out heat. Just won't blow out heat when put to auto and using the furnace. Works fine with air conditioner Can you...

View more questions Search