Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OtttawaDad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2007, 06:19 PM
    Air conditioner, blower fan speed with carrier furnace
    The fan speed does not adjust when the air conditioner is on . Is this normal ? If I turn the set temp up high enough the air conditioner turns off and the adjustability returns. Auto, low, medium and high all work. When I set the temperature back down so the air conditioner turns back on the blower on the furnace goes back down to low, and will not go any higher. Any info would be great.

Thanks

Mark
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 09:45 PM
    Is this a variable speed motor?
    OtttawaDad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by OtttawaDad
    The fan speed does not adjust when the air conditioner is on . Is this normal ? If I turn the set temp up high enough the air conditioner turns off and the adjustability returns. Auto, low, medium and high all work. When I set the temperature back down so the air conditioner turns back on the blower on the furnace goes back down to low, and will not go any higher. Any info would be great.

Thanks

Mark
    Yes it is, it's a 58CVA variable speed furnace. It does work correctly when the air conditioner is off. It just not variable when the air conditioner is on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier furnace blower motor won't turn off [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Carrier central air and furnace(furnace model 58GS050-3), it was built around November, 1985. It has carrier air conditioner indoor cooling coils box model 28AC030-911 laid on top of the furnace. Everything was working until one week ago. Now with the thermostat off and the fan set to...

Will air conditioner work if heating furnace is out? [ 1 Answers ]

Our propane heat furnace is no longer working and needs to be replaced. Will the air conditioner part of a central air/heat still work if we decide to use something other than central heat?

Trane air conditioner fan blower mower sticks [ 1 Answers ]

I have a trane split unit A/C wall mounted. The A/C works fine but I noticed that when the unit is turned off and then I go to turn it on the next day, I can't hear the fan blower running but the unit is powered on. So, I shut the unit off and remove the cover over the fan blower and notice that...

No heat, blower runs constantly, carrier gas furnace [ 7 Answers ]

This am we I got up the blower on my carrier series 100 gas furnace (approx 10 years old)was running and blowing out cold air. Even with the thermostat turned to off the blower runs constantly. The only way to stop the blower from running is to turn the switch on the side of the furnace to off or...

View more questions Search