Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aneri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2007, 05:39 PM
    Judgement Filed on Credit Card
    Had a credit card that was charged off by the company three years ago. Never heard from them. Lawyer firm contacted me, harassed me, and then I demanded everything in writing. They sent all documentation. I then came to an agreement of the amount owed. Problem they were not going to tell me how my credit file would be updated upon full payment. Then they issued a judgement filed in the Common Pleas Court and demanded a set amount of money. I paid in full the amount of the judgement. They have now sent the check back and stated that that wasn't the amount which the amount was 800.66 and they said there were unpaid interest charges which the total I was to pay was now 1419.00. What do I do against these people? They filed a specific amount in court which was 800.66 dollars and now they are stating some other amount and how is this legal?
    golden child Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 06:04 PM
    I have received a summons for a credit card debt that I would like to dispute. How do I file a motion to discover in Virginia?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit card judgement [ 4 Answers ]

I recently received a notice of a hearing scheduled to place judgement on me for a credit card debt of one thousand dollars. My husband lost his job 2 years ago and I was trying to support my whole family on a small income so my credit card payments got put aside in order to put food on the table...

Credit card judgement [ 4 Answers ]

I recently received a summons to appear in the magistrate office about a credit card for Capitol One that I quit paying on when I divorced my husband 4 years ago. I live in Pennsylvania and I thought the SOL was 4 years. The papers state date of accountMay 12, 2003 and they filed for a judgement...

Credit card judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I Am Wondering How Far Behind On Your Payments With Major Credit Company You Have To Be Before It Gets Turn Over For Collection And Then To A Court For Judgement? Al

Judgement filed by credit card company [ 6 Answers ]

I was served with a summons on Oct 20 regarding a large credit card debt. I was given 30 days to respond to a PO box about this summons. I typed a letter & sent in it November. I received a letter from the collection agency yesterday stating I never responded to this summons. All I have is a...

View more questions Search