Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hiplockette Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2007, 10:03 AM
    Benificiary of estate
    My father past away 2 years ago. My father had two estates a house and condo, my stepmather sold the house when my father was still alive but not well, he try to divorce her many time, but she always said he was not in the right state of mind. My question is do the children have any right to the condo if my father name is on it along with hers?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Depends on how the house was taken out as joint tenants or tenants and common and whether your father had a will.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 27, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Did the father leave a will? If not, it depends on how the property was held. If it was held as Joint tenants with right of survivorship then its unlikely you have any rights to it. You NEED to get an attoreny to look into this for you.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Joint tenancy with right of survivorship means the surviving spouse gets it all and can do with it as they will. Sorry.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 27, 2007, 11:27 AM
    You can check with the county to see how the property is registered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real Estate [ 1 Answers ]

How do I and what are the costs of adding my name to a property fully paid off in a defacto and a non defacto situation? :o

No estate [ 1 Answers ]

If the deceased had no estate is the spouse still responsible for the debt created by the deceased when it is only in the deceased party's name?

Problems with Executor of Estate not signing sales contract for real estate [ 4 Answers ]

My sister and I are the beneficiaries of our mothers will. She died when I was 17 and left my sister and I half of her estate, and named her doctor as the executor. I am now 22 and my sister is 20 (21 next month). We all agreed (verbally) to sell the family house to our father for $125k. He...

No will for an estate [ 1 Answers ]

My father passed away in march of 06. He resided in virginia beach, but owned a home in edenton North Carolina. He did not leave a will, but my brother and I were told by my father, that the house would be ours. Now there are complications! Can we get the house in our name without a will? If so How...

Estate Accounts [ 2 Answers ]

My spouse died and her bank wants to send a check to "The Estate of Blank BlanK" how does one go about opening an Estate Account?:confused:

View more questions Search