Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AliMarGoo Posts: 72, Reputation: 13

Jun 27, 2007, 09:04 AM
    10 days late
    I am 10 days late for my period, and they are usually like clockwork. I took 2 home pregnancy tests last week (different brands), but they both came up negative. I have very sore breasts (which I never get before my period) and several other pregnancy symptoms. I know that the HPT detect the amounts of hCG in your urine, and some tests are more sensitive than others, but if I'm experiencing these signs shouldn't it show up positive on the test? Could I be pregnant? If so, when should I test again? Please help!! Thank you and God bless ~Alisha:)
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jun 27, 2007, 09:39 AM
    Some women don't ever test positive on a hpt. What you need to do is have a blood test done at the dr's. I would also make an appointment with the dr to talk about if it isn't pregnancy then what you need to do after that.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 06:38 PM
    I was once 2 1/2 months late, and yet not pregnant. Its not uncommon for a woman to be late, or even completely miss a cycle now and then. However, it could be that you are pregnant and your hcg levels just aren't high enough to register yet. I would give it until you miss a second period, then go get a blood test done, and/or see your doctor.
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Jun 27, 2007, 06:49 PM
    I, too missed a period for no reason. When I finally did conceive I didn't get a positive on a hpt until I was 10 days late. I took one at 7 days late and it showed negative. I say get another test. Make sure you use it with first morning urine. If that is negative get in for a blood test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

7 days late, spotting last 2 days [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My period is 7 days late today. The past couple of days I've been having cramps and I'm always sure my period has started but when I go to the bathroom there's nothing in my underware, just some brown smearing when I wipe. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 months... I tested...

Late period(26 days late) negative HPT's [ 7 Answers ]

I was supposed to have my period about 26 days ago. I still haven't had it, and I have taken 3 HPT, they all came out negative. I've been feeling dizzy and REALLY REALLY tired all the time. I have body itches and headaches andi feel sick at night and in the mornings. I'm also urinating more than...

10 Days Late [ 10 Answers ]

I am 35 yrs old and I have a 4 yr old. We have been trying to have a 2nd baby a little over a year. The first day of my last period was 4/23 and I was due 5/21. During this time my breast was sore and I was very bloated. As if my period was coming on but never did. I have taken several HPT and...

7 days late! [ 1 Answers ]

I am seven days late for my period. I usually have regular on times, I recently started working, it is a pretty physical job lifting and what not. I have been getting about four hours of sleep lately.(because of work). I have a 5 year old and a 9 month old already. My husband and I are not trying...

17 days late [ 2 Answers ]

First and foremost I know the advice always my doctor:) I am pretty late.. 17 days to be precise.. I had some light pink spotting.. barely enough for a tampon. I am a pill taker, BC. I would like a child, this one would be a miracle. But how do you know. All four urine test eight - twelvedays...

View more questions Search