Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rolom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2005, 10:17 AM
    Trailer hitch
    I have a used truck with an odd trailer hitch receiver which is 1&7/8 inch rather than the usual 1&1/2 or 2 inch receiver & am looking to find where I can purchase a 1&7/8 inch insert bar (the part that actually holds the hitch ball). Any help would be appreciated.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2005, 08:30 PM
    Have you tried any auto parts store?
    thetachi464 Posts: 93, Reputation: 4

Jun 23, 2005, 07:46 AM
    I would suggest that you try any olace that sells trailors. I know walmart sells hitchs. Also you can so to almost any auto parts house they should have them there.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2005, 08:26 AM
    I suspect you had already checked the local auto parts places. Does the hitch have any brand name on it? You might try to find a place that sells that hitch. Since it is larger, it may be meant for heavier duty use. Skip the people selling boat trailer hitches, and look more heavy duty applications. Also hit the more professional auto parts places, NAPA, etc. not Advance Auto or Pep Boys.
    rolom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2005, 08:33 AM
    Hitch
    I have tried the auto parts people & private mechanics. Trying a trailer merchant is a good idea. Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Another trailer dilemma [ 9 Answers ]

I noticed another post on this board about not getting what they paid for! I have much of the same problem with the same trailer manufacturer(Haulmark)! Except I took delivery of the trailer with the exception that I did not sign off on its quality, shortages, damages and let them know the...

Download a movie trailer [ 2 Answers ]

There is a movie trailer I want for a school asessment (it has a certain part I want) but it can just be viewed, not downloaded to my computer. Is there anyway I could get it off the net for my own use? Jerry

MS Word 2000 hitch [ 12 Answers ]

For some reason Word began keeping minimazed only the last one of the few documents I am working on, making word processing very laborious and frustrating having to continuously re-download the other files that disappeared after minimazing them. Hope some kind souls could advise me. Thanks....

Guess this movie trailer track. [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, This is a stretch but I will give it a try. Looking for the name of a classical piece that is used in quite a few movie trailers and movie soundtracks. It has a "choir" influence and starts slow and builds. Kind of like the "Glory" soundtrack with the boys Choir from Harlem. It may have also...

Music in trailer for Dangerous Beauty [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know the name of the song that is playing during the preview for Dangerous Beauty on the Dangerous Beauty DVD. Any help is much appreciated. I thought it might be something by Enya. Oh, if you know the artist that would be great too.

View more questions Search