Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Jun 22, 2005, 08:43 AM
    Panasonic Video Switcher
    Hello all,

I'm not sure if this question may be too technical to be asking here, but is anyone familiar with a Panasonic WJ-5500 broadcast video switcher? We broadcast on the Internet and we use one of these, but it needs to be tuned a little. What I really need to know is how to adjust the blackburst out to all the cameras or other inputs so they are properly synced. Those who know the switcher will know that there is one internally genlocked input, the color is fine and beautiful on that input, but on any of the other inputs which need to be genlocked separately using the blackburst out from the switcher, it looks very dull and of low quality.
    Again, I'm sorry if this is a bit complicated, but someone who truly know anything about Panasonic video switchers will know what I'm talking about. Thanks for everyone's help.

Zach
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Nov 21, 2005, 01:16 PM
    Wz,

I do not recall where the BB signal is generated, nor do I recall where it is sync'd up... Also, I assume your video sources are analog. In any case, I would start by running an identical test signal through all your video sources and look at the compsite signal via o'scope. If each Vin source seems to have a "non-synchronous" BB signal AND the BB signal is a part of the normal video (input) stream, could be panasonic BB sync timing source is intermittent or off sync. This being the case, you would either have to go into the unit schematics a/o take to a panasonic repair show.

P2E

Quote Originally Posted by wzartv
    Hello all,

I'm not sure if this question may be too technical to be asking here, but is anyone familiar with a Panasonic WJ-5500 broadcast video switcher? We broadcast on the Internet and we use one of these, but it needs to be tuned a little. What I really need to know is how to adjust the blackburst out to all the cameras or other inputs so they are properly synced. Those who know the switcher will know that there is one internally genlocked input, the color is fine and beautiful on that input, but on any of the other inputs which need to be genlocked seperately using the blackburst out from the switcher, it looks very dull and of low quality.
    Again, I'm sorry if this is a bit complicated, but someone who truly know anything about Panasonic video switchers will know what I'm talking about. Thanks for everyone's help.

Zach
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Nov 21, 2005, 02:42 PM
    Wow! I'm amazed somebody actually replied to this question! We actually still have this neat piece of equipment, but I have determined since that the capacitors are leaking on it (and a whole bunch of other things) because it is starting to really get bad (flickering, jumping, lines, etc.). Believe it or not, I actually managed to tune it enough that we used it for an event about a month ago... yikes! But it worked!

We are now in the process of trying to purchase a Panasonic WJ-MX50 switcher, so nothing has to be initially genlocked. Besides, that switcher contains hundreds of possible effects built right into it.

Thanks very much for your reply, as that information is useful with some of the other equipment here that is ancient! Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ripping DVD Video to VCD Video [ 1 Answers ]

How can I rip my DVD video to VCD Video files. Is there out any freeware to do this. Please let me know the link for that. Thanx:rolleyes:

Can my panasonic cf-47 play dvds? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Panasonic CF-47 Toughbook, model year about 2000. It has a Pentium II, with a CDROM. My question is: Can this machine play a DVD? Of course it can play CDs, but I was wondering if CDs and DVDs are virtually the same, as far as my CDROM is concerned. Thanks for an answer.

Memory Reset for Rechargeable Panasonic Cordless Phone Battery [ 0 Answers ]

I was recently experiencing terrible performance of the handset battery for my cordless Panasonic KX-TG2730S (or KX-TG2730) telephone. I searched the user manuals and the Panasonic website for a solution but could not find one. So I called Panasonic at 1-800-211-7262 to see if there was anything...

Video CD [ 1 Answers ]

I have a music VCD and I want to rip just the audio part of the songs from the CD to high quality mp3`s. I have a full Duplex Sound card and I have tried "ALL SOUND RECORDER" but there is distortion at high volume, Hence is of poor quality . Please advise.

View more questions Search