Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shelia213 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2007, 10:43 PM
    1099C Filed under my social security number in error
    I received a notice form the IRS that two 1099C's were filed under my Social Security number for Cancellation of Debt and I now owe the IRS $2000 dollars for not claiming these. I never received the 1099C'S in 2005 and I never held accounts with either of the creditors named on the 1099C forms. Also neither of these creditors is showing on my credit bureau so what can I do to fight these incorrect charges? The 1099C only has a PO box and they have not responded to my request.

Thanks,
    Shelia213
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 27, 2007, 11:33 AM
    Shelia213:

Contact the IRS (there should be a phone number of the notice) and make an appointment to meet with them. Take the credit report with you, as it is pretty definitive proof that the two Forms 1099-C do NOT belong to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Questions about social security number [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if someone could answer these simple questions, How much does it cost to get a new id, like for example if you lost your id to get a new one do they charge or.. And If someone loses there social security card, and doesn't know there number by heart, how can they renew and...

Resident Alien filed 1040 but want Social/Medical refund [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Experts: I filed Form 1040 last week as I think I should be resident alien and could get the standardize deduction for getting back more refund. However, I want to ask IRS to refund my SSN/Medicare as well since employer refused to refund it to me. About myself: Country: Hong Kong SAR...

Social Security Number (L1 to H4) [ 0 Answers ]

Need help on the below situation One of my friend had come to US on L1 visa and got social security number during her work. Then she went back to india. Now she is coming back to US but this time on H4 visa. So my question is can she use the same Social Security Number for H4 that she had...

Security Deposit, Eviction, BK Chap 13 filed [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I recently filed for a chapter 13. My current landlord attempted to take me to court for 1 month late rent (for month of July), however, the judgement was stopped due to the chapter 13. When I filed the BK they could not do anything to me for 30 days until after my BK was filed My...

Security Number [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! My name is Valentina (similar with Snt.Valentine's Day!):p I came from Russia by K-1 visa to Minnesota. I've already understood that law s are a little bit different in each state:confused: By my visa I had 90 days to marry to american citizen. We already married on November. Now we are...

View more questions Search