Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ilovebyu Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2007, 06:47 PM
    Making friends
    Hi,
    I'm thirteen, and I've been going through a tough time - I've been depressed, and one of the big factors of it is that I'm not very outgoing.

It seems like everyone around me can make friends super easy... but I can't. I really don't know how. I just got back from a girls camp, and I felt so lonely there. I'm just not a very social person... do you have any advice to help make me less shy, and be able to make friends?
    mileyrocks0 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jun 26, 2007, 07:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovebyu
    Hi,
    I'm thirteen, and i've been going through a tough time - i've been depressed, and one of the big factors of it is that I'm not very outgoing.

It seems like everyone around me can make friends super easy...but I can't. I really don't know how. I just got back from a girls camp, and I felt so lonely there. I'm just not a very social person...do you have any advice to help make me less shy, and be able to make friends?
    You Should talk to people that you like and ask them if they want to be friends I use to have that situation but now I don't its easy
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 01:31 AM
    That's the funny thing about wanting friends, the harder you look the harder they are to find. Relax, be happy and pleasant, nice to know and... Smile. They'll come to you. People are drawn to relaxed, happy, positive people. Simply be one of those and everything will simply fall into place.

Here's a tip... If you see someone struggling or in need of something - short of a few cents for a cola drink - help them out. And when they say thank you simply say you're welcome and walk away. Being generous with your time and a small amount of money gets you noticed.

Baby steps, small favours for big returns.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Making Out [ 19 Answers ]

Im 13, and Im probably the only one in here over the age of 12 that hasnt made out with anyone. My boyfriend is 15, so hes been thru that, so he wants to make out with me, but everytime he tries, I back away, because I dont know what to do! Can anyone help me here? :confused:

Making Friends [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been together for a year in July. We both have baggage. We are both divorced people, we both have children and those other people you call your EXES! I divorced my husband a year ago (happily) and his wife left him and divorced him about 2 1/2 years ago. I used to work in...

Making friends [ 2 Answers ]

Well hi my name is ioinie, I have just moved to here form France,now I'm having a hell of a time making friends,I don't know what's wrong with me or what ido wrong,but people just aren't accepting me in the group,how must I integrate properly,what shall I do to not feel unwanted,seeing as I really...

View more questions Search