Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tanderson Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2007, 10:49 AM
    Frequency of spa treatments
    My friend has been trying to convince me to do different spa treatments, like facials, pedicures and massages. I've had a few pedicures now, but I was wondering if the others are worth doing (she suggested them because I have fairly bad acne and stress) and if so, how often should they be done.
    I'm not interested in being the most beautiful person in the world, but I do want to take care of myself. However, funds are not unlimited, so I don't want to over do anything either. Thanks for your assistance.
    Hillman Hydro Jetting Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 11:59 PM
    I would rather see you take care of your skin on a daily basis then go to a spa once a month for a facial. There are some really good products that help out with blemish prone skin. Salicylic is a great active ingridient that act like a rotor rooter for your poor. Also a good detoxifying mask that has Sulfur in it, twice a week will help pull the bacteria out of your skin. Make sure that if you are having an active breakout, that you are not using a physical exfoliant (anything with a grit or bead) because it will only pop the bacteria from the blemish and spread it all over you skin. Good luck to you :)
    Tanderson Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2007, 07:46 AM
    I wash my face everyday while I'm in the shower with Many Kay's oily/ combination face wash. I almost always have constant breakouts. I've tried Neutrogena, and can't even remember what all. This Many Kay one (my Grandma sells it) was working great, bit not so much anymore. I started using it last May -2006. Even with "oil mattifiers" I'm all shiny and feel greasy by lunch. And I definitely don't use any moisturizers. They make me more greasy. I just can't seem to get it clear to keep it that way. My friend says that facials will do that. Mine aren't always the white heads-although I get those a lot too-but I get these really big, deep painful ones. If there's a way to do all this -- please let me know.
    Hillman Hydro Jetting Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2007, 10:30 PM
    I am not to sure of what ingridients Mary Kay's product use. I would suggest to read the back of the bottle and look for "Active Ingridients." Also remember that everything starts from the inside and comes to the outside. I always tell my clients that you skin is your book to what's going on internally in your body. Are you stressed out? Are you having any hormonal changes? How is your diet? Please make sure that you stay away from a lot of sun exposure and heat, because heat causes bacteria to grow. Do not use any products that contain alcohol and make sure to use products that are oil-free. Please remember that oil and water are two different things. Even though you have an oily skin-type, you still need to be wearing a moisturizer. Make sure that it is a lotion not a cream and make sure that it is oil-free. I really like Acne products by Murad. I sell them at my work and have seen some great results from his products. I work for Sephora and we sell a starter kit for $60 and I am sure you can find Dr. Murad's website on the internet. Good luck to you and please let me know if you have any more q's I can answer for you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any treatments for Osteo- arthritis? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, my mother has recently been diagnosed with Osteo- arthritis. Is something the doctors say she will live with for the rest of her life its just about adapting to the pain. I was wondering if anyone can suggest treatments. Phsio and chiropractor seems out of the question according to most...

Going to court while having chemo treatments [ 3 Answers ]

My son has been going to court for probation violation and he has lymphoma (cancer), he has been having chemo treatments and is half way through them. In 2 weeks he will be sentence to prison and will get about 4 months with all his back time deducted. His public defender made it seem like the...

Are there any other treatments for lupus? [ 1 Answers ]

I have Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis. I take Methotrexate pills and Enbrel injections. I also take Darvocet for pain but not always because I take an exercise class and the exercise on a regular basis helps a lot. Sometimes I have bad episodes of pain and stiffness and have to go to the doctor's...

View more questions Search