Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bumby401 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2007, 10:00 AM
    About how much am I looking at spending ?
    I have a Capecod abou 1200sqft. I have central forced heat and I want to ad central air using the existing duct work. I just wanted an opinon on what range I should be looking to spend to do this.

Thanks

Jun 26, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Bump!
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2007, 10:34 AM
    It really varys from house to house, most companies will give free estimates, you will need an indoor coil, condensing unit, power ran outside, refrigerant lines ran between the indoor coil and the outdoor unit, my guess, and this is just a guess, between 2,500-3,500 depending on what brand you purchase. This will also depend on where you live, labor rates I'm sure are much higher in bigger cities.

Jun 26, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Thanks, that's about what I was hoping. I'll call up a few contractors now I guess..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spending a year in the us [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where the best skateboarding communities are in the US? We may have a chance of spending a year there and as our son is a keen skateboarder we would like to choose somewhere that would suit him as well as us.

Spending time vs sex [ 7 Answers ]

When a man wants to just have sex rather than wanting to spend some quality time together... does that necessarily mean he is not interested in you and that woman should feel there is something really wrong with her that he doesn't want her for who she is but just her body... Can anyone throw some...

Average holiday spending $ ? [ 2 Answers ]

Just read an article (actually 2) this morning that said the average amount spent on holiday gifts is $1,000. Fyi - both articles were referring to the 20 & 30 something age group. I don't think I spend nearly that much, but I'm going to review last year's spending to be sure that I didn't just...

View more questions Search