Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sms85 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2005, 08:35 PM
    Pain after sex
    I'm married, have no kids, and have been having sex now for two and a half years. Up until about 3 months ago, the sex was great, with no pain at all. Then, I would notice that after sex, the inside of my vagina would hurt. Also, the outer area of my vagina swells after sex. I can only have sex about once a week now. There isn't any one particular position that causes the pain more than others. It seems like it's always after sex that I begin to hurt and swell. Sometimes the pain is so great that it hurts to sit or wipe myself. Does anyone know what this might be, and is it serious? Thanks.
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

Jul 7, 2005, 11:38 AM
    Question
    Have you undergone a tubal ligation... sometimes this procedure diminishes the natural secretions requiring the aid of a vaginal lubricant. However, diminished secretions may occur naturally... it is not always indicative of a hormonal imbalance; some women have found relief with the use of lubrication, some women have found relief with an herbal supplement, especially Dong Quai
    bella420 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 10:14 AM
    I have no clue about why that is and its really funny to because I have been with my boyfriend for 3 1/2 years almost and about a year ago the same thing happened to me and it sucks because I have been trying to deal with it and no me and my boyfriend rarely ever have sex and we what to try to have a baby and we can't ever do that because I hurt for like two three days later and I don't know why and I would really like to find out why because it sucks and we use lube and that doesn't even work now and I'm getting really tired of not being able to have sex like we use to. We used to be able to do it like 4 5 times a day and we are lucky if we do it twice a month. So your not alone and if anyone has any helpful tips PLEASE PLEASE let us no
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 13, 2009, 10:29 AM

The first step would be to try lubrication. Often times the pain you describe could be due to being dry. Cervical fluids change throughout your cycle, or with hormone changes which could explain why you haven't always experienced the pain.

If pain is deeper, perhaps the cervical area, there is a chance of cysts which could cause the pain. If its just in the vaginal area, try lube. If that doesn't help, talk to your doctor - he/she may check your hormone levels.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hip Pain [ 3 Answers ]

I have been experiencing mild internal pain on right side around hip. My family Doc has done blood and other prelim tests including ultrasound and found nothing alarming. After 2 months it seems it is showing up again with constant pain increasing while coughing, changing position etc. Want to...

Hip Pain [ 9 Answers ]

:mad: I have hip pain and walk with a cane.My MD tells me I will need a operation. He told me to lose 50 pounds and have the operation next year. My problem is the pain medication no longer works.He tells me if he gives me anything stronger I would be addicted to drugs. I hope I can find can a...

Pain in the arm... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to ask that my dad got a pain in his arm from 3 weeks he have seen many doctors but can't get any relief plzz help.. doctorz says that this is a muscle pain.. they gave some gel for agaist pain but there no improvement in the pain its same as it was on first day.. can any body...

Pain after sex [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering why I get horrible pain after being fingered by my b/f ?

Pain: [ 5 Answers ]

What has God done to deal with the evil and pain of the world? HANK :(

View more questions Search