Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sms85 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2005, 08:28 PM
    Period odor
    Why is that my periods always have a very foul odor? I am a very clean person, and have also asked other close female friends, all of which also admit that they notice an odor during their periods. I've been told that it's all of the "nourishment" within the blood to support an embryo. I've tried everything to cover the odor, but it's constant during my period. Please help!
    lickemlolly Posts: 397, Reputation: 62

Jul 1, 2005, 02:45 PM
    If your not alegic try scented pads or tampons... try feminine wipes when you change them... gives a quick refresher and change them often... you can also try something like summers eve feminine spray...
    Babyplease Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jul 27, 2005, 10:58 AM
    Yes, it's normal
    We all go through it. I agree with lickemlolly. I would suggest changing your sanitary napkins/tampons often and using "lightly" scented pantyliners with your tampons. I personally have issues with inserting anything scented inside me.
    Tallchick Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2005, 06:26 PM
    Normal
    Yes this is normal.. blood does not smell like roses... blood stinks.. so just try some wipes or some spray... but know that you will always have some type of odor..
    daylena0988 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2005, 03:47 PM
    Odor... in your period...
    Hey...
    Foul odor during your period is Normal but can also be controlled not only with hygine but also with what you eat. Avoid drinking MILK.. and eating things with milk the first days.. Also Avocadoes. And certain veggies can also alter the smell. Best thing would be for you to consult this with your personal doctor.. good luck

SUZANNA :cool:
    lilmary Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2006, 03:10 PM
    Please help
    I have a question. Im 22 female. Not really sexual active yet. And I have noticed the odor with some discharge. And I don't know what to do. I dontr want to go the dr. because I'm not sexual actice. So what are something's that I could do to get rid of this odor
    laneta Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2006, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sms85
    Why is that my periods always have a very foul odor? I am a very clean person, and have also asked other close female friends, all of which also admit that they notice an odor during their periods. I've been told that it's all of the "nourishment" within the blood to support an embryo. I've tried everything to cover the odor, but it's constant during my period. Please help!
    You should try pantiliners that absorb odors and use femimine deoderant spray(fds) that should help out a lot.
    laneta Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2006, 03:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmary
    I have a question. Im 22 female. Not really sexual active yet. And i have noticed the odor with some discharge. and i dont know what to do. i dontr want to go the dr. because im not sexual actice. so what are somethings that i could do to get rid of this odor
    Eat yogart.

Jan 24, 2006, 06:20 PM
    What does eating yogart do
    giggles Posts: 143, Reputation: 27

Jan 24, 2006, 06:41 PM
    The only yoghurt you should use is NATURAL LIVE YOGHURT. It contains healthy bacteria that will kill off a surplus of yeast. You also get this in "acidophilus" capsules that you'll get in a health store. It has to be natural so there's no added sugars in it.
    Alternatively, you can dip a tampon in natural yoghurt and insert it for an hour or so. But only if you know it is a yeast infection you have! It will not get rid of anything else.
    Maybe try this first and then visit your doctor if there's no result.
    Note: Don't wear a tampon for too long if you don't have your period. An hour or two max.
    You might have to wait a day or so to see results.

Jan 24, 2006, 07:06 PM
    Can you use anything else besides a tampon? Can you buy natural live yoghurt at frys or no
    giggles Posts: 143, Reputation: 27

Jan 24, 2006, 07:54 PM
    I don't know if you can use anything other than a tampon. That's the common remedy. You're getting to the source of the problem, if you see what I'm saying!
    You can get natural live yoghurt in most supermarkets and grocery stores. Make sure it says "live". And don't feel embarrassed asking for it because people eat it all the time as it's full of healthy bacteria for the stomach - so it's not like a shopkeeper will look at you and think "aha! i know what that's for!" :)
    Hope this is some help! But you might want to see the doctor anyway, just to put your mind at rest x
    sarahjeanlost Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 12:49 PM
    My period blood smells like sweet yogurt. It used to have a sharp, bitter smell. I noticed this since I don't men ejaculate inside of me anymore. Should I be worried? I know yogurt has yeast, but it doesn't smell fishy before or after sex. So, I'm confused.
    marcalbabe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2010, 09:55 PM
    Hey... is it possible to get a "period odor" a few days before your period starts? I have vulvodynia and I always have chronic pain and burning inside. But I'm noticing an odor that's kind of periodish. I should be starting mine in like a couple days. Could this odor be normal?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Under house odor [ 2 Answers ]

I have a strong odor coming from the crawl space (about 18" high) under the house. It is acrid and earthy; strong and unpleasant. We have tested air for mold-no unusual problem. Made a french drain about 20 years ago around half of the house, still dampness in that half, but not wet or standing...

Odor when doing laundry [ 3 Answers ]

New here and searched but could not find the answer. Here's my situation. Every time I run my laundry located in the basement I get an odor coming from our sump pit. The laundry water discharges into our utility sink. This sink drains directly to a sump hole. (two sump holes in basement)...

Sewage odor [ 1 Answers ]

In the last few weeks, there's a sewage odor from the crawl space beneath our house that has got progressively worse. I tried to crawl under but due to health problems I couldn't get to the back of the house. Now I live in Los angeles, so I know it's not a septic tank issue. I'm afraid to call a...

Bad Odor.. please help [ 6 Answers ]

I have a very horrible odor from my vagina, I know I am and ot alone in this because. I have tried looking for solutions online and have found many women with the same problem. I wash everyday with anti bacterial soap and I use cotton underwear. At the end of they day there's white/brown stuff on...

Septic Odor [ 1 Answers ]

For the past 3 months or so every time we flush the toilet it smells like sewage. It has only gotten worse and worse. It only seems to happen when we flush the toilet and will eventually go away... until we flush again. It stinks up the entire house now. We have tried to put stuff down the...

View more questions Search