Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LED guy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2007, 06:56 PM
    Kenmore Stackable Washer/Dryer Combo
    My Kenmore model # 110.98575100 washer dryer combo will not spin when it reaches the spin cycle unless I lift the lid and close it again. I don't really know how old it is, but it is at least 5 years old. I have replaced the lid switch, but that did not work. It makes a noise like the motor is spinning, but the tub does not move. It drains, but does not spin. PLEASE HELP!
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2007, 07:22 PM
    You have a Wigwag Solenoid on this. Unplug the unit and switch the red and yellow leads. Plug unit in and set it in the spin cycle.If it agitates then you are getting power to the solenoid. Put wires back on correct terminals. Either the solenoid is bad or the clutch is bad. Now put in spin cycle. Watch the spin cam bar. If it does not move the wigwag is bad. Replace it.Now if it did not agitate the water level switch is bad. To test, fill tub with water and should have no continuity from Vto P and continuity from V to T. Now the tub needs to be empty and should have continuity from V to P and non from V to P. If it fails this test replace the water level switch. Next to test is the contacts in the timer. This is a lot of testing but this is how to troubleshoot this problem.
    LED guy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2007, 07:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LED guy
    My Kenmore model # 110.98575100 washer dryer combo will not spin when it reaches the spin cycle unless I lift the lid and close it again. I don't really know how old it is, but it is at least 5 years old. I have replaced the lid switch, but that did not work. It makes a noise like the motor is spinning, but the tub does not move. It drains, but does not spin. PLEASE HELP!
    What red and yellow leads? And where is the solenoid?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2007, 07:32 PM
    You will have to open the lid to see the solenoid. The Red and yellow leads are on the solenoid. The red should be on the left side and yel on rt side.

Correction, I guuess I'm Tired It is on top of the trans and oppisate the drive pulley

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Squeaky dryer - Kenmore Stackable [ 8 Answers ]

My 10 year old Kenmore stackable dryer unit has been squeaking loudly for about 3 weeks. It is also drying much slower than usual. The vents do not appear plugged. The high pitch squeak occurs on each rotation of the drum and sometimes briefly is quiet. Is this something I might be able to...

Kenmore washer dryer combo 110-92966-102,washer agitates for a little then it stops. [ 0 Answers ]

Kenmore washer dryer combo 110-92966-102, The washer will fill and it will agitate for a little bit for about a minute, then it will stop before finishing.When it stops there is no motor sound.No matter what I set the knob to it will not start up again,but if I wait several minutes it will...

Stackable Maytag Washer/Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Stackable Washer, Dryer, Maytag Model LSE7806ACE The timer on the dryer does not advance to the cool down program and will run for ever In what every drying cycle that is selected.

View more questions Search