Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rememberme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2005, 12:26 PM
    Georgia State OPT tax
    Can I know how much is the OPT tax in Georgia state. My OPT ends on Feb 9,2006. My income will be around 30-35k during this year.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 20, 2005, 02:09 PM
    Rememberme:

Georgia does not differentiate between resident and non-resident aliens like the federal government.

The tax on the first $20,000 (after deductions and exemptions) is $920. The tax on any amount over $20K is a flat 6%.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Georgia Garnishment [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I just found out that there is a garnishment on my bank account in Georgia resulting in a zero balance :( Do you think they can take my car This debt is not related to my car which is paid for. Also do you think there is anyway I can get this garnishment off my account? I am trying to pay this...

Coastal Vacation in Southern Georgia [ 10 Answers ]

My family (5-8 people) is looking a great location for our summer of 2006 vacation... We love the beach and would appriciate any information that would give us information about desirable places... Thank You!

Georgia state taxes-OPT-H1 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello- I was wondering if anyone could help me with my Georgia state taxes This is my employment history Aug 2002-Dec 2004- F1 (Wisconsin) Feb 2005-October 2005- OPT (Atlanta, GA) November 2005 to present - H1 (Atlanta, GA)

State to state garnishing [ 1 Answers ]

Can the North Carolina Dept. of Revenue legally seize property, garnish wages or bank accounts of a South Carolina resident? Also, all property, wages, and accounts are in South Carolina.

F1->H1, State Tax [ 1 Answers ]

When filing state taxes, should I put the "adjusted gross income" as the income earned while I am on H1b or is it the whole year(h1b+F1)? I am filing Kansas State tax return, if that helps. Thanks,

View more questions Search