Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danifilth1989 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2005, 11:32 AM
    I'm in love with my best friend
    This is kind of weird.

I've known him for about two years now. He's one of only two people I could call my friends.

I realised, however, that the way I felt about him was different to the way I felt about my other friend. I just wanted to touch him, hug him, smell him (? ) etc.

I realised that I felt something towards him when I bought a wristband off him. I couldn't stop sniffing it, because it smelt of him! That's not something you usually do with an item of your friends' clothing. When I play fight with him, it's not as a friend. I feel like I'm almost flirting with him.

I'm so ing confused about my feelings. I think I'm in love with him, but how can I be in love with him and be his friend as well? Please help me!

Thanks.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2005, 02:36 PM
    Happens all the time.

Here is a website I agree a lot with: www.lovetactics.com -

the whole basis of a REAL LOVING long term relationship is base on Friendship FIRST...

Friend + Respect = Passion... love.

That site has a lot of free articles that WILL help you.

Are you female or is this a male/male relationship?
    danifilth1989 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2005, 05:11 AM
    Thanks. To answer your question, we're both male. I'm 16 and he's 15. I'll have a look through that site. The thing is, like I said I only have two friends, and I want to keep it that way. I don't actually want a relationship with him.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2005, 05:51 AM
    Best Friend
    Hi,
    If you think you are in love with your best friend, and he doesn't feel the same way, leave him alone.
    You need to find another best friend.
    If you continue feeling this way, and continue seeing him, it will only prolong the agony.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2005, 08:32 AM
    Hey - no problem. It's how you feel. I am straight, but my advice is your young and you need to find out what makes you happy. You also need to find out your orientation - what type of people you are attracted to.

If he is straight then you might lose a friend - remember that. It may be lust and it will go away - but, it might take 6 months.
    Miss Dance Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2005, 06:26 PM
    A guy and a girl friend will fall in love a date, maybe forever, maybe not very long at all but it happens. Don't be afraid or confused. Listen to your heart.
    mike145k Posts: 123, Reputation: -1
    -

Jun 29, 2005, 02:51 PM
    Follow your heart
    Listen to me boy you need help,the feelings you are having are plain old fashion wrong give up that way of thinking and check yourself into a help program.and when you are all better maybe you will get married to a woman and, have a family live happily after. That is the way its suppose to be

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I fell in love with my friend [ 4 Answers ]

I have been friends with this guy for about 1 year now and we have become really close. At the beginning of our realtaionship I was very much attracted to him, and I told him. But at the time he did not like me in that manner. After a while I was told by his best friend that he had strong feelings...

Falling in Love with My Best Friend [ 7 Answers ]

Hiya. I have a dilemma... I have a fantastic relationship with my girlfriend although we have been going a bit downhill recently... I can't help fantasizing about one of my best friends though, she is one of the kindest, most precious people in my life alongside my girlfriend and I think I may be...

Friend or Foe? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, I have a friend who I grew up with 'C' and he is with this girl 'E'. They recently had a baby together and have been on and off ever since. There was a period where I did not really know 'E' all that well, but when she and 'C' has a few months apart; we got to know each other better and...

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

In love with a friend [ 3 Answers ]

Dear readers, I have a problem I am in a relationship for 3 years, and am a good friend to this boy I know for 4 years. I love him a lot and it is destroying my relationship, meaning that I keep on thinking about him, for other reason we are friends and my boyfriend suspect something...

View more questions Search