Ask
    Mary Belle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2007, 03:42 PM
    Toilet tank overflows
    How do I fix a toilet tank that overflows when you flush the toilet
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 26, 2007, 04:17 AM
    Are you quite sure that it isn't the bowl that overflows? While it's possible for a toilet tank to overflow it's very unlikely. Septic tank or city sewer? Was anything dropped in the toilet?
    Now if it's the bowl that overflows you will need to get a closet auger,(see image) and auger out the bowl. Good luck, Tom
    GwenWilliams1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2009, 10:31 AM

It is the tank that overflows - through the flush lever area. Water rushes into the overflow tube and continues past the point of filling and then leaks through the flush lever area to the floor.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2009, 10:39 AM

If it is the tank that overflows it sounds that your water level is high and you can adjust your water level, please see the images below and tell us which fill valve do you see inside your water tank and we will tell you how to fix yourproblem, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When we flush the toilet our drain in basement overflows [ 6 Answers ]

Help! This is our first house , we are broke and our drain on the basement floor is overflowing with sewage when we flush the toilet. My husband tried to snake the drain but could'nt find the hole . I poured that Rid-X stuff down in the toilet . What else can we do? Please helP[ ...

Clogged toilet overflows into shower [ 3 Answers ]

From time to time, Maybe once or twice a month, when our basement toilet is flushed, it overflows into the shower/tub. The water in the toilet slowly empties, and if I flush again, the water will stay in the toilet like a regular clog, but if I plung, it all goes into the tub. What do you think...

Toilet overflows [ 2 Answers ]

Sometimes my toilet overflows and I want to know how I can stop this.

Toilet tank [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I needed a new toilet tank and I've put it on the bowl. My problem is now when it is flushed, the flapper will not stay open long enough to drain water from bowl. When the lever is pulled, the flapper opens water starts to leave the tank, but then the flapper closes and the tank fills back...

Downstairs toilet overflows when dishwasher or washing machine is emptying [ 2 Answers ]

When dishwasher and/or washing machine is emptying the downstairs toilet overflows. There is sometimes a bubbling or gurgling sound. Sometimes a little and sometimes a lot. We do have a septic tank, about 5 years old. There is no sewage involved in the overflow just the wash waste waster. A few...

View more questions Search