Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gjohnson1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jun 25, 2007, 01:14 PM
    Sneezing cats
    In March I had 2 cats shipped to me here in Montana. One was from Minnesota and the other from Alabama. Since the day they arrived they both sneeze and fling boogers like crazy. They have been through 3 different kinds of anibiotics and still sneezing. I'm beginning to think it is because we have no humidity here. Any ideas?
    Lacey5765 Posts: 157, Reputation: 50

Jun 25, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Do they appear to be healthy otherwise? I had a cat that started with the sneezing and then had other symptoms. Teeth became loose etc. Was put on antibiotics but no improvement. Latter found out the cat had Feline Lukemia. Our cat had never been let outdoors so they figured she had been born with it. Might ask your vet for a blood test.
    gjohnson1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jun 25, 2007, 02:06 PM
    Yes they are healthy. My mainecoon actually had a bit of a bloody nose yesterday and now is fine. No respiratory problems at all? I think I'll try humidifiers because my husband is having the same problems lately too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey5765
    Do they appear to be healthy otherwise? I had a cat that started with the sneezing and then had other symptoms. Teeth became loose etc. Was put on antibiotics but no improvement. Latter found out the the cat had Feline Lukemia. Our cat had never been let outdoors so they figured she had been born with it. Might ask your vet for a blood test.
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Jun 25, 2007, 08:18 PM
    There is a sickness cats can get called pneumonitis,which can be very hard to cure.Some cats can be carriers,and never show signs or symptoms.It is very contagous and can spread quickly in a large cat household.I had a cat that was trapped by a person who hated cats and then he took him to the shelter.Well by the time he got home,he had caught this sickness,and in just a few days all 6 of my cats were sneezing,and had eye discharge.It took months to clear this up,because they would relapse before getting well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 Cats that are sneezing, coughing [ 6 Answers ]

I have 3 cats that are coughing( like they have a hairball), sneezing and 1 has some green mucus when he sneezed recently that I don't know what to do with. My One male cat has gone through it and he is getting better, no more sneezing & coughing but the other 2 are still couching and sneezing and...

My new female cats hates all my male cats! [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a new female cat but she is like a year old, all my male cats like her and want to see her buy she just starts hissing at them and they get away... I want them to get along but I don't know how... I have 4 males one is a year old , the othere one is 5 months and the other 2 are 2...

Sneezing Cat [ 3 Answers ]

I just adopted my cat and she is about 1 1/2 years old & in the last week has started to sneeze, frequently! Can you tell me why?:confused:

Sneezing Cat... [ 2 Answers ]

My Cat is 8 years old. I took her to the Vet about a week ago because she was weezing when sleeping... after an x-ray they seem to think she might have asma. They gave her corazone and her weezing has stopped. Now she is sneezing all the time. All night long she wakes up and sneezes for a couple of...

Sneezing cat [ 4 Answers ]

My cat is about 11/2 years old & in the last couple of weeks has started to sneeze, frequently! Can you tell me why?:confused: Is she alllergic to somethning & if so how do I narrow it down?? Crazyhatlady

View more questions Search