Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gladiolar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Coupon printing a bust
    Coupons print is OK from Target, Pep boys. But from smart source,deal of the day,bricks. I either get error"device Identification" or they
    Tell me to download the coupon printer. Which I did numerous times.
    But the printer did not come on.

I use explorer 7.0 with add-on. Without the add-on I don't seem
    To have the device identification error" but I have the coupon printing
    Problem. Friend told me it has something to do with activex which is enabled. So is java script.
    It's a two-fold problem: device identification problem and the coupons
    Failing to print

Cannot figure this out. Is it me or them??
    ton_ty2275 Posts: 41, Reputation: 6

Jun 25, 2007, 01:00 PM
    I can tell you that you may be able to temporarily disable the programs that you have already installed on your computer so that you can utilize other functions that may be incompatible with the coupon printing procedure.
    If you are using MS Windows, this method is employed via the start menu, "run", and type the words "msconfig" in the box (no caps or spaces), press enter on keyboard. Select "hide all" for MS Services--never disable these features.
    Then, all other installed programs will appear... Click and select those which you want to disable temporarily--click "disable all" (which are checked) Your system will prompt for a restart, restart---then, a message will warn you of the feature disablement--leave as is and attempt your coupon printing procedure. Follow these steps and go back and "enable" the disabled features when you are ready to do so.

If you are using another system, research the web on temporarily disabling programs for your current system

Hope this helps.
    Tomy M. Hall, MS
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Jun 25, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ton_ty2275
    I can tell you that you may be able to temporarily disable the programs that you have already installed on your computer so that you can utilize other functions that may be incompatible with the coupon printing procedure.
    If you are using MS Windows, this method is employed via the start menu, "run", and type the words "msconfig" in the box (no caps or spaces), press enter on keyboard. Select "hide all" for MS Services--never disable these features.
    Then, all other installed programs will appear...Click and select those which you want to disable temporarily--click "disable all" (which are checked) Your system will prompt for a restart, restart---then, a message will warn you of the feature disablement--leave as is and attempt your coupon printing procedure. Follow these steps and go back and "enable" the disabled features when you are ready to do so.

If you are using another system, research the web on temporarily disabling programs for your current system

Hope this helps.
    Tomy M. Hall, MS
    Thanks appreciate it. Unfortunate it did not work. Hide all the ms services. Left were (kvkdn unknown) (office source engine unknown)
    (stllssvr mts micovision(unknown) all were marked stopped.
    Checked all. Then disable all. But they pop back to enable?
    Restarted computer. Went to smartsource logging in. still got the
    Device identification error
    ton_ty2275 Posts: 41, Reputation: 6

Jun 25, 2007, 03:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneill474
    THANKS APPRECIATE IT. UNFORTUNATE IT DID NOT WORK. HIDE ALL THE MS SERVICES. LEFT WERE (kvkdn UNKNOWN) (OFFICE SOURCE ENGINE UNKNOWN)
    (stllssvr mts miCOVISION(UNKNOWN) ALL WERE MARKED STOPPED.
    CHECKED ALL. THEN DISABLE ALL. BUT THEY POP BACK TO ENABLE?
    RESTARTED COMPUTER. WENT TO SMARTSOURCE LOGGING IN. STILL GOT THE
    DEVICE IDENTIFICATION ERROR

Well, then your hands are tied---at this point you will need a house call from a computer technician. In Georgia, a house call for computer techs run about $50-$60 dollars.

Be careful, at this point with your explorations as not to suffer a system crash. At best, a computer tech can pay you a visit and take care of this issue in no time at all.

These Gurus are usually very helpful and almost always throw in extra tips, and free assistance on extra computer related problems. Try this and let us know what happens.

Hope this helps.
    Tomy M. Hall, MS
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Jun 25, 2007, 05:01 PM
    Appreciate it. No problem with the coupons. I'll just re- installed
    Windows xp. I thought it might be a browser thing. I see many others people are having problems printing coupons too. Makes you wonder if
    It's their site problem.

Thanks again
    robinad Posts: 86, Reputation: 8

Mar 13, 2011, 09:48 PM
    I would try a different website for printing off coupons. There are tons of coupon sites out there. Just give it a shot.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Mar 14, 2011, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by robinad View Post
    i would try a different website for printing off coupons. there are tons of coupon sites out there. just give it a shot.
    This post is almost 4 years old. Come on'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coupon rate on a bond [ 2 Answers ]

:eek: I have to find the coupon rate on a bond but every formula I find requires the coupon rate to already be configured. How do I work backwards to get what I need? Example problem - Samantha's bonds sell for $1065.15. The bond life is 9 years and the yield to maturity is 7 percent. What...

Perfectionism - Boon or Bust? [ 2 Answers ]

The right/responsiblity of the "gifted" ones, a mental illness that causes undue suffering or something else all together... What do you think?

View more questions Search