Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    900295 Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Belly Button Piercing
    My mom has finally decided to let me do it. I am getting it done professionally but I am afraid of the pain. I am no where near 18 ( I am 12 ) but I have no idea if I should get it because of the pain. Help?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2007, 10:36 AM
    If it starts to hurt more than you can handle just let them know upfront that they may have to stop. Then maybe you can try again some other time:)

Jun 25, 2007, 11:00 AM
    Yes but what about after I get it pierced am I going to be in pain? Should I wait till I am older or its not a big deal if I do it today
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2007, 11:06 AM
    I'm sure it will hurt for a few days after you get it done. Some people heal slower than others so it is hard to say how long it will take for you to heal. You have a long life ahead of you. Do not rush:)
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2007, 11:09 AM
    I had mine done at 18, the worst part was the clamp they use to pull up your skin... the piercing itself is not so bad. It is easier to just close your eyes, its over in about 2 minutes. They will put some anitseptic stuff on your belly that will be cold, and then you will feel the clamp, which is just a pinch (think of putting a chip bag clip on your skin)and then you will feel a small poke, then its over... when they close the ring, you may feel some slight discomfort from the pulling, but really you will just be numb for a while. Your navel will be sensitive until it heals. May I suggest buying saline solution and sea salt from a health store before hand. You will want to mix these to and hold it in a cup over the piercing 3Xs a day until healed. I push the cup on while I'm bending over, and then lay down on my back. There will be some sensitivity when you where pants and when you bend over, but it isn't terrible. Similar to the pain that follows when you have cartilage pierced. Good luck. You must have a very lineant mother.
    LuffanPhillip Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Jun 25, 2007, 11:13 AM
    It depends how well its done. I have it done and it hurts for the first while goes away and normally you get a we sore bit on it but its not like ears it doesn't heal withen I few months

Jun 25, 2007, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LuffanPhillip
    it depends how well its done. i have it done and it hurts for the first while goes away and normally you get a we sore bit on it but its not like ears it doesnt heal withen i few months

How long is the average healing?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2007, 11:33 AM
    You can go to a reputable piercer and still heal slower than other people. It depends on the body. Mine took around 3 weeks to completely heal... enough to start switching out rings at least... A friend who went to the same piercer as I took almost 3 months to heal.

Jun 25, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Thanks I am going to get it done. Bye

Jun 25, 2007, 06:10 PM
    Yes I just got it done. Didn't hurt a bit :]
    Thanks a lot
    LeoLachrymose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2007, 08:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 900295
    My mom has finally decided to let me do it. I am getting it done professionally but I am afraid of the pain. I am no where near 18 ( I am 12 ) but I have no idea if I should get it because of the pain. Help?
    I got mine done 4 months ago. I thought it'd hurt but it really didn't.
    I was with my mom and my boyfriend. I heard it's not suppose to bleed, but mine did. And the peircer said it was normal.
    Don't be afraid. It looks so cool later.
    Just be shur to clean it a lot. And don't touch it. But spin it.

It's not bad at all.
    Go for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly button piercing [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I don't know what subject this would fall under so I just picked one well I would like my belly button pierced but please whoever answers this do them like I do please!! ?#1 can I get it done with a gun ?#2 how bad does it hurt ?#3 can I get a gold belly button ring put in Please...

Piercing the belly button [ 20 Answers ]

HEY ALL Well i am new here and i wanted to know can i peirce my belly button myself?? If so how?? And is it kinda like peircing the ears Thank you very much

Belly Button Piercing [ 8 Answers ]

I Was Wondering... Can U Pierce An Outty?

Self Piercing Belly Button [ 35 Answers ]

I'm if anyone has any tips or like the best step process?

Belly button piercing! [ 2 Answers ]

I really want to pierce my belly button, but my parents would never let me! Does anyone know a store that has belly button piercing kits?? Please help me!! :confused:

View more questions Search