Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 03:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle Monroe
    I didn't assume you were Arab, but I did make the assumption that you would know some Arabic because you are Muslim.

I think the reasons why most Muslims know some Arabic is similar to why Jews usually know some Hebrew. My grandfather and Jewish relatives know some Hebrew, but arn't Middle-Eastern. They know some Hebrew because it's a language that many Jews communicate with, regardless of their original mother tongue or race. Did you know Arabic and Hebrew are both Semitic languages (afro Asiatic)?

One more thing: semitic is a language group, so it doesn't mean “Jewish” as popular culture assumes. If it does, then it should also mean "Muslim".
    I have read that somewhere about the languages...
    And we muslims are more open minded than most people think (usually as the media tends to axaggerate the ills more than the good of Islam/muslims for their own purposes).

Allah (swt) instructs us that race,creed or nationality will not matter in the eyes of the Almighty as it is only the piety and righteousness of individuals that reach Him and are counted.

Quran chapter 005 ayat 008
    "O ye who believe! stand out firmly for Allah, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just: that is next to piety: and fear Allah. For Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do."

Chapter 003 verse 104
    "Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong: They are the ones to attain felicity."

Chapter 010 verse 049
    Say"I have no power over any harm or profit to myself except as Allah willeth. To every people is a term appointed: when their term is reached, not an hour can they cause delay, nor (an hour) can they advance (it in anticipation)."

Most muslims tend to at least learn to read and/or write Arabic as the Quran in its original form is in Arabic and it is considered that the Quran itself will be a witness in the Hereafter .

:) :) :)
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Why religion? Simple. To trick you into believing that GOD is separate from you and not in you. Not you. Now you can be powerless and controlled easily. Always looking outward but never finding what is hidden so closely inside you.
    Just wait till HE comes back when in reality, HE never left. This is where it is NOW but we live in the dark and believe in those powers that dwell there in the darkness. That is who perpetuates religious beliefs. The powers of darkness.
    rondom1 Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Jul 24, 2007, 11:00 PM
    Wow people get so mad over a little question, why can't you simply state your opinion? I'm not asking you to get upset that I am not religious... I think doing so is ridiculous, I don't get upset if you are religious. So if you have nothing positive or informing to say, say nothing at all.

Jul 24, 2007, 11:14 PM
    p.s. sorry I've been away and not responding to anything, been going through some stuff
    ashleychamber Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Im not going to convert you. I think you should do it because you want too. Well anyway,I believe in God. People might think He is selfesh but you know people who believe in him are a litte selfest too.

You know there is so much proof that He is real.Like my prayers get answered(if they don't that's fine too because everything can't be perfect)but he does answere a lot of mine everyday,my kids are fine and I have a roof over my head and we eat. If a church says God says give the church all your money,it's the church that's wrong not God FIND A DIFFERENT CHURCH. The bible says 10% and if its too much then give what you can and make sure the church you pick gives that money to missionarys or it goes to something for the church. Not a new car for the preacher's son,etc. And it is peoples nature to judge other people. It don't matter what people think!

Sorry I didn't proof read earlyer and got ahead of myself.I also did not read everyone's answeres because as you can see this is my first time.and I am an airhead.

Jul 30, 2007, 05:31 PM
    My question was about everyone's beliefs

Jul 30, 2007, 05:35 PM
    I'm sorry I didn't answer to everything you said, but your response was one long run on sentence it seemed, and it was very hard to read
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Jul 30, 2007, 06:05 PM
    I do not think of myself as "having a religion".

What I have is a relationship with Jesus.

Why?

Because I...

Feel peace when I walk with Him.
    Feel strong when I walk with Him.
    Feel full of love when I walk with Him.
    Feel caring when I walk with Him.
    Feel led in the right direction when I walk with Him.
    Feel complete when I walk with Him.
    Feel loved when I walk with Him.
    Feel joy when I praise Him.

There are a host of other things I feel because of the relationship that I have with Jesus.

Ultimately, I feel in my heart that it is the right thing to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you really have to have a religion? [ 11 Answers ]

Is having a religion really important is / is it something you really need?? :(

Religion [ 9 Answers ]

Well, I was not raised in church, My in-laws quilted me into it when I was about 21. I believed every thing I heard for years, I tried to "prove" it. I felt like I had to see evidence of the spirit. I rasied two kids in church until they were old even to make up their own mind. THEN I started...

New religion [ 2 Answers ]

What steps are required to officially register a new religion in the United Kingdom, and with whom do you register?

View more questions Search