Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cutie08 Posts: 121, Reputation: 2

Jun 24, 2007, 11:36 PM
    Should we go to the police?
    Me and my friend have this friend and her boyfriend has been hitting her and he threatens her all the time and he even held a gun to her head at one point fallows her everywhere and has these freaky mind game type things and the other day he poked her in the eye and made her blind in one eye I mean I know that going to the police is the right thing to do but this guy is physco and if we tell the police don't do anything about it like they don't believeus and her then he will kill our friend and then come to find us but I mean this has been going on for so long and I want tostop it what should we do please help?
    calover16m Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Jun 25, 2007, 01:39 AM
    You need to tell the police asap! This has gone beyond a little friendly hit. If that guy is threatening her with a gun then he is physco and needs to be stopped and possibly helped. If the police don't believe you try to get some evidence and make sure that you have more than just yourself telling them. Good luck and I'm so sorry for your friend!
    kellyxmx Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jun 25, 2007, 02:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cutie08
    me and my friend have this friend and her boyfriend has been hitting her and he threatens her all the time and he even held a gun to her head at one point fallows her everywhere and has these freaky mind game type things and the other day he poked her in the eye and made her blind in one eye i mean i know that going to the police is the right thing to do but this guy is physco and if we tell the police dont do anything about it like they dont believeus and her then he will kill our friend and then come to find us but i mean this has been going on for so long and i want tostop it what should we do please help?
    The best thing to do is phone the police because your friend will have a god chance of being beleved if you and your other fiend back her up and if yous don't do anyting and he does kill her you'll regret not telling them so o ig fing andtell asaop by
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2007, 02:43 AM
    Call the police. We have police so that they can help us. It is best not to waste any time. You don't know what they will do until you call them.

If your friend's safety is important to you, you will call the police.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2007, 04:16 AM
    You take your friend and all go to the police. She makes the statement and asks for him to be arrested. Then she has to verify what she said in court. You also and your other friend will need to testify. In the meantime, get her away from this guy - even if that means placing her with somewhere he cannot find her. Call a women's shelter or an abuse resource center. Ask for help - there is help out there.

A vital part of this is too - once you get her away from him, she has to not make any contact with him. No phone calls, no returning calls, nothing. No trace of her. Someitimes people are their own worst enemy and continue to repeat behavior that keeps them in contact with the offenders.

So get busy to put an end to all the life threatening events this woman has endured. She needs counseling - to find out why she remains a victim to this guy. She needs protection, for her own well being and safety. This guy needs to be put away.

Good luck.
    cutie08 Posts: 121, Reputation: 2

Jun 25, 2007, 06:19 PM
    Help fast pleasee
    Here's the thing this goes along with thread should we go to the police we can't go with my friemd she can't come with because he is always with her and whenever we call her she gets beat for it so we don't really know what to do I mean we have conversations with her saved from when she gets away long enough to be able to contact us. But that's not very often were just not sure what to do about it we can't email her or myspace because he has the passwords and won't let her check it unless she is with him when she does it he is physco and she can't get away from him no matter what
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2007, 06:28 PM
    Does she work? Does he sleep? I am not making fun of anything but there has to be some window of opportunity. When she "gets away long enough to be able to contact" you, what about then? Go and get her. Yes, it will be tough but it can be done.
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Jun 25, 2007, 08:46 PM
    Fine.

It's clear that YOU have to do something. YOU have to go to the police station and tell them everything and give them all the information they need with all the proves you have. I guess they'll take care of the rest.

For the sake of your friend, do it! And do it NOW! Before it's not too late.
    pikachufannumber1 Posts: 98, Reputation: 6

Jul 2, 2007, 12:32 PM
    You NEED to go to the police RIGHT NOW! There is a life in danger! Its even worse if its someone you no! Police will believe you if u tell them with all your heart and you talk as if your in the person who's life is in dangers place. Even if they don't find an adult to tell them for u. u need to go before someone gets hurt!
    N0223C Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 02:39 PM
    The police are very understanding, and I'm positive they will at least check out the situation. They take these types of situations very seriously and will get to the bottom of it. Safety is their number one priority, and they have the power to do what is needed to keep your friend safe. But they can't help if they don't know what's going on. Tell them and they WILL believe you.
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2007, 04:49 PM
    It would be nice to know how this has worked out. Hopefully, the friend has been rescued.
    chaplain john Posts: 79, Reputation: 28

Jul 2, 2007, 06:23 PM
    A move to a battered women's shelter will give her support to go to the police and once she is in it there is very little chance of him finding her. WEAVE and several others are out there to help and going to them she can leave with nothing but the clothes on her back if it is necessary.

I agree some info on how it worked out would be appreciated
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Jul 2, 2007, 07:21 PM
    I really don't think you going to the police is going to help much with out her. I see in one of your other post that you are 15. I would assume your friend is also a minor? Where is her parents while all this is happening? They are the ones you need to be notifying first because they have the power to keep him away from her both as her parents and legally.
    turkey Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Jul 2, 2007, 10:39 PM
    me and my friend have this friend and her boyfriend has been hitting her and he threatens her all the time and he even held a gun to her head at one point fallows her everywhere and has these freaky mind game type things and the other day he poked her in the eye and made her blind in one eye i mean i know that going to the police is the right thing to do but this guy is physco and if we tell the police dont do anything about it like they dont believeus and her then he will kill our friend and then come to find us but i mean this has been going on for so long and i want tostop it what should we do please help?
    I agree, go to the police a.s.a.p! But also tell someone else, like your parents or her parents, it sounds stuiped but if the police won't do anything then at least more people know about it and it can't be denied! Good luck and thank you for being such a good friend!
    ally123 Posts: 57, Reputation: 5

Jul 9, 2007, 08:15 PM
    You NEED to tell the police because if you don't then the abuse will keep going on and something serious could happen to your friend and other women
    tkdgal Posts: 51, Reputation: 13

Jul 11, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Doesn't this girl have any parents that she can talk to about this? Maybe try having her sleepover at your house and your parents will be able to protect all of you briefly from any threats he may make. I'm so sorry all of this is going on... and by reading all of your posts, you sound like you have a DARN TOUGH life. Best of luck with everything!
    help me please :) Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 12:44 AM
    I agree with everyone here! (unless I skippd someone that said NOT to go to the police) go to the police and tell them that if you are not believed then he might go after you and kill your friend, etc. I don't know if you can do this, but maybe get a restraining order, lock him up as LONG as possible till all things settle.

I'm sorry about your friend and I agree that you should do it NOW!GOOD LUCK!
    doubler Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2007, 12:20 AM
    hey well hell ya yall should go 2 the police because thats wrong when a boy hits a girl he should be locked up
    XxXscarsXxX Posts: 166, Reputation: 8

Aug 10, 2007, 05:39 PM
    Okay I have one thing to say fast and easy!!

GO TO THE POLICE!! ASAP
    haze Posts: 89, Reputation: 0

Aug 11, 2007, 11:31 PM
    Yes I think you should tell the police, the guy will not find out that is was you who told them if you tell them not to mention your names, your friend could end up very hurt and scared for life if this carries on for much longer I think maybe your friend is in the same position you are, scared to tell someone, this guy just sounds like a idiot he needs to learn some respect and jail would be a good place for it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Police brutality? [ 3 Answers ]

So, in my town, a friend was shot to death because, according to the paper, he had a psychiatric episode and threatened the cops with a 2-1/2-inch knife. They shot him in the chest sevel times. He dies 10 minutes later, begging for help. They shot him after two minutes of arguing. What do you think?

Police brutality [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any law that defend police brutality ?

Screenplay: Police Ask for ID [ 2 Answers ]

I'm writing a screenplay. Here's the situation, and the legal question(s) that arise from it. I have a character who is suspected of art theft. He has not been charged. It turns out he is out of town. A police detective, who has come to question him questions a neighbor who lives in the same...

Police Department [ 1 Answers ]

I have been told that I could not be hired for a position at the local police department (City X, North Carolina) because I have a judgement sitting on my credit report. Why do they do that? I meet all other qualifications, and when I ask the reason isn't that I am not capable, but because I have...

View more questions Search