Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meecy12 Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

Jun 24, 2007, 03:45 PM
    A creative journal?
    I need a really good idea on what to keep in a journal! Like ie: daily thoughts, dreams, pictures, but something more original! Any ideas?! Throw them at me! :eek:
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 06:04 PM
    Go to a public place (like a busy shopping mall) and find a place to sit and watch passersby. It probably won't take long for someone to catch your attention (a woman in a purple mumu with kittens all over it, for example). Make up a story for that person; what brought them to the location, what they are thinking, etc. Put the journal away for a few hours (or even a day), then review what you wrote. Make a new entry about WHY you think you made that life up. Did you have a bad day that day and give mumu lady a bad day? Or did you have a bad day and give her a good day? See what I mean?

It's also a great creative writing exercise.
    VictorLy Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Jun 26, 2007, 01:31 AM
    I really like Jillian's idea, as I am a firm believer that everyday events and very "normal" things can inspire really great writing. If you have been visiting places like shopping malls for a while, go somewhere that doesn't seem quite as busy, such as a quiet park. Start noticing things that usually aren't very noticeable. Are there small animals running around? A squirrel or a bird? What are they doing? Are they looking for food or perhaps building a home? Write creatively and enjoy yourself!

Have fun!
    Victor Ly
    bigdreamer85 Posts: 44, Reputation: 5

Jul 11, 2007, 02:07 PM
    I've always wanted to have a journal that I kept to be some sort of memoir or something, I started Scrapbooking instead.. mostly because I like to see the pictures and then write about the memory- my feelings at that moment and the other people. The most important thing about a journal is that its true to you.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 02:24 PM
    Just jot done everything that went on in your day that you want to reflect on or remember!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2007, 09:08 PM
    All good answers above! Even though it has already been mentioned a little, I think that for myself, writing about how I feel about the events as I reflect on them would be very important and also creative and unique.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sales Journal &Cash Recepits Journal [ 2 Answers ]

Record the following transactions in the Sales Journal and Cash Recepits Journals. The cost of all merchandise sold was 70% of the sales price. July 2 Sold Merchandise for 21,000 to B.Tate on account. Credit ter,s 2/10, n/30. Sales invoice No. 100 July 5 Received a check for $800...

General Journal versus Cash Payment Journal [ 2 Answers ]

I have an ethical issue case I'm working on, but am stuck. I would like to know how would I determine which journal to use say for example, you go on a business trip to Australia and take your spouse along at company expense. Well that is unethical for sure, but you are best friends with the vice...

IPod 'v' Creative [ 1 Answers ]

I was interested in getting a 20gb iPod and then heard about Creative's Zen... How well does it compare? Can it be only used with a PC, or is it also Mac compatible? Any info / advice much appreciated! Cheers :D

Creative writing [ 1 Answers ]

I really need to compose a creative writing about the element Argon.. everything about it.. from its origin, history, properties... to it's uses..

View more questions Search