Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sankha Posts: 46, Reputation: 0

Jun 24, 2007, 08:49 AM
    No display in monitor
    Hello friends. Me, Sankha again faced a new problem.
    The problem is that my monitor have no display. It works fine but suddenly form today it stop displaying. Now the monitor display nothing.

What happen:

1. Cpu fan runs.
    2. CD DVD rom runs HD also spins.
    3. The power led & HD led continuously lighting.
    4. Floppy drive is also checking repitedly which is not common.
    5. The monitor's led blinking continuously.
    6. I dont get the POST beep code.

What I tested:

1. Check the data cabel of Monitor.
    2. Change the Ram.
    3. Unplug all periferals except Ram and switch on the computer.
    4. Reset the BIOS using jumper.
    5. Also remove the battery.

I am sure that everything is OK. I mean Periferal devices, RAM, Processor etc.

I think that the RAM Bank is damaged. But when I remove the RAM the CPU speaker giving 3 beep code.

Then what is the problem??????????????????????
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

What can I do now? Is there any extra setting in mother board? Which area should I check?

Please help me as soon as possibel.
    Waiting for your positive answer.:(
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Jun 25, 2007, 02:01 PM
    3 beeps according to most websites, is an AMI bios code that means the ram is damaged.

Try installing only one ram stick in each slot, each time powering on the PC.
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Jun 25, 2007, 02:11 PM
    You remove the ram you will get the beep codes cause it doesn't know the difference between missing ram and bad ram.

The most quick test you could do is get another computer or monitor and test your equipement with those.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Monitor Display [ 4 Answers ]

My friends PC, running W98, will no longer have a display. She has tried plugging in two other monitors with the same result... nothing. She says she may have messed up something while in safe mode. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Monitor Color Display [ 2 Answers ]

I was surfin the net, suddenly my monitor went black as if I restarted the PC. I turned it on and off, the screen appeared white then turns black later on. I restarted the PC but the color display became yellowish, and the colors doesn't appear the right one. Can someone tell me why the monitor...

Upside down display in monitor [ 4 Answers ]

My wife placed some files on the keyboard, and suddenly the display in the monitor went upside down. After reboot, it remains the same. She again placed some files on the keyboard, and this time the display changed to the side, i.e. 90 degrees from the normal display. I tried to press every...

Monitor display [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, After my son aged 8 finished using the computer the screen display was rotated 90 degrees. He was playing an on line game. I have been into the control panel and then display but nothing seems to rotate the display back and my neck is now hurting. The computer is a Dell Dimension 3000...

Display not occupying entire monitor coords. [ 7 Answers ]

Am using XP and my display was compressed and is not occupying entire screen. I tried with possible resolutions but in vain. I reinstalled the software and also made the system to run in Safe mode. Found no worthness. Is this a HW or a SW problem? Please suggest an alternative. Regards, ...

View more questions Search