Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jflohr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2005, 04:19 PM
    How do you take care of the herb dill
    I have a dill plant and it seems to turn brown. I would like to know the care of that herb. :confused:
    moongrl Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2005, 09:46 AM
    Caring for Dill
    Hi there... Dill is fairly easy to grow successfully with the following tips: It needs full sun, protection from strong winds and may require support. This herb prefers a light, fertile, but free draining soil. Be sure to keep it well watered when it is hot, and mulch with organic matter in the spring and summer (well rotted manure). You can pick your dill after 2 months of planting, you should harvest it during the coolest part of the day and be sure to cut it close to the stem. Dry the leaves,stems and seeds and store in an airtight container. You can also freeze them for up to six months and just break off what you need. Hope this has helped... keep on growin'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Um.. I just don't know what to do.. Care to help? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I broke it off with my boyfriend of 3 months because I was listening to everyone else telling me that he didn't treat me right and that he was always cheating on me. I heard that stuff from girls completely obsessed with him, and my mom told me to break it off and then my best friend, who used...

Why does she care? [ 4 Answers ]

Im 20 years old, but anyway I was wondering why do girls care about what size there clothes are? I mean I could understand for some but I've been going out with this girl for awhile and I would like to buy her clothes as a gift. But she won't tell me her jean size or anything, I got to look at her...

Where can I buy herb seeds? [ 3 Answers ]

Obviously, the medicinal use herbs. I would like to grow my own and do some little experiments. The Chinese stores do not carry seeds.

Fried dill pickles [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for a recipe for fried dill pickles

View more questions Search