Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tajia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2007, 06:49 AM
    Exploring my options
    I am a certified teacher with 7 years experience with the public school system and 5 years experience with private daycares. I have taken the last 3 years off to be with my young family, and have spent the last 3 weeks trying desperately to get back into the system. There are absolutely NO openings in my school district, so I started thinking maybe I could qualify for another line of work. I recently completed my masters and truly feel I can learn anything if given the opportunity. I need to bring in at least 40,000 a year to help support my family. Any ideas on where I should go from here?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 24, 2007, 09:12 AM
    Well there are management jobs, sales job, a lot of insurance and real estate agents were previously school teachers.
    And many decide on just a new careere, they go to tech school and beocme plumbers or electrical workers.

Or of course you move to another school district. But not my school district, not sure where you are at, but teachers in my area don't make near that much anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are my options [ 7 Answers ]

The mother of my son has lied in court and to her family about me. She has taken my 3 year year old son away and refuses any contact with me or my family. I have had sole legal custidy of my 8 year old daughter for 4 years now and am worried about what her lies will do in regards of me having my...

Options? [ 3 Answers ]

I got into an ajustable rate mortgage 2 years ago. The rate was 7.3%, which, at the time was the best I could get with my bad credit. Now, the rate has jumped to 10.3% and I'm being told it will jump to 13.3% in another 6 months. I already could barely afford the payments before the first jump...

401k options [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have recently decided that I no longer trust the stock market. I am wondering what options I have... Is there any way to convert a 401k to cash or gold and not accrue the penalties & taxes immediately (ie held by a neutral party)? Thank you

What are my options? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a B.A. in accounting and business (1996). I currently work for $11 an hour in the medical field processing Medicare/Medicaid claims for a private doctor. I would like to earn more money but am uncertain of the possibilities. Do you have any suggestions? I have considered starting my own...

View more questions Search