Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coairdave Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Carrier Blower Control board knocked out by lightning
    I would like to know how to hard wire the blower on my Carrier AC unit until I can get a new part for the blower control board? Also where can I shop for this board?
    Following a lighting strike, the fan stopped blowing even though the outside AC unit still ran.
    Thanks
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Are you talking about the indoor or outdoor fan? If it's the indoor fan, and your sure it's the board, simply find the high speed wire ( usually black) for the fan motor, and wire nut it with the main line voltage coming into the furnace. I'm sure you know this, but be sure to shut off all power before you start.
    coairdave Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 10:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacservicetech_07
    Are you talking about the indoor or outdoor fan? If it's the indoor fan, and your sure it's the board, simply find the high speed wire ( usually black) for the fan motor, and wire nut it with the the main line voltage coming into the furnace. I'm sure you know this, but be sure to shut off all power before you start.
    Thanks so much, that did the trick.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Defrost control board [ 1 Answers ]

Last winter the heat wasn’t keeping up with the set temp, the outside fan came on, but the compressor would not start, you could hear it trying to start but it wouldn’t come on. The tech said the compressor was short cycling, and it was now "locked up", they put in a new compressor (part was cov’d...

Help Replacing Carrier Circuit Board HK42FZ004 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Carrier gas furnace that is not getting gas; the rest of the cycle runs properly, including the HSI glowing, but there is no gas to light, so the system shuts down and I get a 21 error code (gas lockdown). I am showing no voltage to the gas valve at the point in the cycle when control...

Furnace control board [ 2 Answers ]

Can the board be repaired or do I need to replace it

Wiring question for new blower control board [ 1 Answers ]

Just bought the Lennox blower control board replacement kit - 31M73 I'm stuck on wiring the transformer--- The five wires coming out of the transformer going to the old board are - Yellow - common Blue - 24 vac Orange-L2 XFMER Primary Black - L1 XFMER Primary Red - PARK

Carrier Gas pack circuit board part # [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone suggest/cross-reference the part number for my circuit board? The model number for the unit is 48SS018-060. Thanks.

View more questions Search