Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amy120 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 04:44 PM
    Theft Under $5000
    Recently I did something really stupid. I won't go into much detail about how stupid I was for doing it the point is I did it. I stole around $50 dollars from the till that I was working. Now I've been charged with Theft under $5000 which I understand.
    But I need to know two things. They still owe me a check for the time that I worked before I stole the money. Which will probably be used to pay the reparation fees. What I want to know is am I allowed to pick it up even though the have a restraining thingy on me. And if I'm not allowed to pick it up how am I supposed to pick it up. Thanks
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2007, 05:07 PM
    Hello amy:

Ask them to mail it.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 23, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Actually no, not until you are found guilty can they hold any money from you. BUT, if you call or write and ask them to ( remember you owe it back, and if it is paid back before you go to court, it will look a lot better for you.

And then ask them to mail the balance to you. If they can't hold it out, write them a check for it and send it to them, pay them back first before you spend the money

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under $5000.. : ( [ 20 Answers ]

Hey, I just got caught stealing from the Bay (HBC). I was first put under arrest.. brought into the back of the store and they took all of my information etc. etc. They checked my criminal record and everything, and since I don't have one they did not charge me but I'm not allowed going into...

Theft Under 5000/ way under 5000 [ 14 Answers ]

Okay this is probably one of the dumbest things I have done, day before yesterday I was caught on my own street with 2 other friends and I went into an open car, now I was not going to steal any money, I just didn't want to look like a pansy, I know stupid excuse. Anyway, right when I was in the...

Theft Under 5000 [ 3 Answers ]

I will keep this short and simple. Earliar in March I was charged with theft under 5000. I just received a letter from a company asking me for $500 in damaged incurred do to their loss. Now the letter is obviously just a mass printed letter with my name intserted. What should I do?...

Theft under 5000 [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I'm 18 and I made a very stupid mistake as well as everyone else that's been in my situation.. ive never been charged with anything or had any legal problems.. but a little while ago I was charged with theft under 5000 from an employer and took around 3 grand worth of stuff.. I'm an idiot for...

Theft under $5000 [ 2 Answers ]

Stole a street name sighn and was caught from canda 18 what am I looking at hear first ofence

View more questions Search