Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonima Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jul 8, 2011, 01:07 PM
    Hi I totally disagree with your doctor hun, I have not long suffered a miscarriage myself, and I had a lot of questions for everyone I saw, I too am desperate to start trying again but my doctor and pretty much everyone I saw advised me to wait for at least 1 period before trying again and the reason for this is to let your body heal, if you start now there is more chance of you miscarrying again, is that really what you want? Or need? I'm still waiting for my period to come and no signs as yet:( but I have been using contaception until I have it, my advice hun is to wait and please do not try yet it could only lead to more heart ache, and knowing what I have just been through I know I wouldn't want to go through it again, so I wish you all the luck with your next pregnancy much love xxx OH AND IF I WERE YOU I'D DEFO GET A NEW DOCTOR:) XXX
    doodlebear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2011, 08:53 PM
    Yeah I just went through a m/c and my doctor told me it would be about a month until I ovulate again and if you want to try for another baby, my doc says to wait 3 months because it can harm you and the baby emotionally if you try too soon. I also know many people who have had m/c and they have always had at least 2 before they carry one to full term so if you try again and it fails, it may not be you.
    maralara Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2011, 03:21 PM
    Hi I had a miscarriage on 27 of August and after 2 weeks I started having umprotected sex without having period . I'm pregnant ? If I'm pregnant ill be the healtyest pregnant women
    Amber1203 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 02:31 PM
    I agree with aml12345 - You are completely safe to go if all bleeding has stopped. This happened to me and I now have a 6 week old baby boy after getting pregnant within 1 week of miscarriage. Take care of yourself and rest and have fun!! Baby dust!
    ttcsingh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2012, 11:03 AM
    Why did your friend had another miscarriage? Is it because she tried again too soon? I want to try again but is afraid if I miscarry again I was 6 week pregnant when I started cramping on 21march and started to bleed on the 23rd(bleed for five days). I am no longer bleeding now and would want to try again as soon as I can.
    smtt77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2012, 02:53 PM
    I got pregnant 2 weeks after my miscarriage. Now have a healthy 3 year old, Your comments are misguiding and unfounded.
    Angelface3488 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 09:47 AM
    Hi all I am really confused by all these comments I had a miscarriage on the 9 th of June and I have not had a period yet I am normally smack on 28 days with the cycle and me and my partner have had unprotected sex after I stopped bleeding I thought that if you miscarried that it would be like having a period as the baby would nort be a foetus in some cases when you are only 5 weeks as there is no heart beat until at least 6 to 7 weeks but I also want to say I feel it is when you are ready to start again emotionally and you feel your body is ready I don't think people on here should comment on how and when you should try as that is down to professional opinion every body is different and maybe doctors have given this advice to wait as we all don't know whether there was underlying reasons so I say best to try when you feel best
    Angelface3488 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 11:32 AM
    Hi all I am really confused by all these comments I had a miscarriage on the 9 th of June and I have not had a period yet I am normally smack on 28 days with the cycle and me and my partner have had unprotected sex after I stopped bleeding I thought that if you miscarried that it would be like having a period as the baby would nort be a foetus in some cases when you are only 5 weeks as there is no heart beat until at least 6 to 7 weeks but I also want to say I feel it is when you are ready to start again emotionally and you feel your body is ready I don't think people on here should comment on how and when you should try as that is down to professional opinion every body is different and maybe doctors have given this advice to wait as we all don't know whether there was underlying reasons so I say best to try when you feel best
    erika agee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 02:17 PM
    I like this answer! I just miscarried on June 8th, at 12 weeks. I was ovulating June 22nd and 23rd. I'm hoping we conceived. However, I think start testing within 10 days from the miscarriage. My dr. says it's your most fertile time!
    Wolfpride2012 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2012, 06:36 AM
    You are very uncircumspec if I have to be honest.. Having a miscarriage is very much like having a normal period depending how far along in the pregnancy you were... Only difference is HCG is in your blood for as long as it takes to decrease.. Don't believe the stories either where they tell you that you cannot get pregnant whilst bleedig, everyone is different... and it is possible to get pregnant after giving birth all OK... I never even saw another period when I had my now 12 year old I have 2 girls that are the virtual same age.. lol... I was still bleeding and I got pregnant with her... Oh and to annoy you more.. I had a miscarriage to hun, other than the clotting ( excuse me for detail) it was like a messed about period.. :/ The pain just like after pains from a pregnancy after giving birth.. Not nice though to sa the least would not wish it on anyone.. But you are so wrong that your body has not healed this and that sinario...
    If you can get pregnant whilst bleeding on a normal period and right away after giving birth.. common sense says of COURSE you can OVULATE and conceive whilst bleeding after a miscarriage.. However everyone's circumstances surrounding such an awful thing happening vary greaty.. ( i.e.. . why it happened) But in general You can get pregnant and carry it with all OK... If you live on fear and anxiety after a miscarriage, you would never move forward... To the lady above the awnser is yes... My hormone dropped to 400 and the test read 2-3 weeks at that point the night before the result.. So I did a test 8 days later and its come back like I'm weeks ahead... I would say its bull you cannot get caught whilst you still bleed after a miscarriage hun... because My tests should be reading negative and in fact the hormane may be spiking again which sugests pregnany.. Don't listen to this person... you will become a wreck.. :) x
    Wolfpride2012 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2012, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpride2012 View Post
    You are very uncircumspec if I have to be honest .. Having a miscarriage is very much like having a normal period depending how far along in the pregnancy you were ... Only difference is HCG is in your blood for as long as it takes to decrease .. Don't believe the stories either where they tell you that you cannot get pregnant whilst bleedig, everyone is different ... and it is possible to get pregnant after giving birth all ok .... I never even saw another period when I had my now 12 year old I have 2 girls that are the virtual same age ..lol... I was still bleeding and I got pregnant with her ... Oh and to annoy you more .. I had a miscarriage to hun, other than the clotting ( excuse me for detail) it was like a messed about period ..:/ The pain just like after pains from a pregnancy after giving birth .. Not nice though to sa the least would not wish it on anyone .. But you are so wrong that your body has not healed this and that sinario ...
    If you can get pregnant whilst bleeding on a normal period and right away after giving birth .. common sense says of COURSE you can OVULATE and concieve whilst bleeding after a miscarriage .. However everyones circumstances surrounding such an awful thing happening vary greaty ..( ie .. why it happened) But in general You can get pregnant and carry it with all ok ... If you live on fear and anxiety after a miscarriage, you would never move forward ...To the lady above the awnser is yes ...My hormone dropped to 400 and the test read 2-3 weeks at that point the night before the result .. So I did a test 8 days later and its come back like im weeks ahead ... I would say its bull you cannot get caught whilst you still bleed after a miscarriage hun ... because My tests should be reading negative and infact the hormane may be spiking again which sugests pregnany .. Don't listen to this person ... you will become a wreck ..:) x
    Basically HCG is in yr blood at whatever level after giving birth so it is with miscarriage... If you can get pregnant right after giving birth and bleeding you must be able to after a miscarriage too... it is logical common sense.. You keep trying to get pregnant hunnie... some people are so narrow minded... and selfless... I strode above my loss too much a believer in the carry on with life phase as life won't wait around for nobody and so you have to carry on to get what you want in life.. If you do NOT succeed try again hunnie.. Even though it is an awful time... Never forget but, don't let it hold you back... ((hugs))
    ileanaperez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2012, 11:13 AM
    Well I know this posts are old but I had a miscarriage on July 5 2012 I only bleed that day then spotted for 2-3 days and on Saturday the 14th out of the blu I did an ovulation test cause of my symptoms I get when I ovulate and it was positive and since my dr said as soon as you stop bleeding and you are emotionally OK you can try right away so I did for 3 days and right now July 19 I did another ovlation test and it was negative so hopefully I can get pregnant again cause he (dr.) told me that after a miscarriage (not bleeding) you are more likely to get pregnant so lets see how it goes . Any opinions please
    Emma429 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2012, 10:21 AM
    I have just miscarried but am very curious as to when it is safe to start trying again. Do you have to wait till the bleeding has stopped?
    CAmomof2girls Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2012, 03:07 PM
    My doctor told me I could start trying again the next day since I had completely stopped bleeding (only had bleeding for less than 5 hours the day of the miscarriage). The day after the miscarriage everything looked like it was OK, (no remaining tissue, etc) when I had a transvaginal ultrasound. I think that the type of miscarriage, natural or d/c, as well as how far along you were also play a role in when you can start trying again. I definitely think I ovulated a week later, and hope that I was able to take advantage of my increased fertility. You know your body better than anyone else, so as long as you are feeling up to it you can start trying anytime.
    AVENTGOOSE3082 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2012, 03:29 AM
    I took my time and read all the answers, I miscarried on August 17, 2012; I was I 10 weeks pregnant. My doctor told me I had to wait at least 2 cycles but I was so anxious to get pregnant ( I already have a 4 year girl) after I stopped bleeding my hubby and I waited for like some days before trying again and guess what, I got pregnant. I didn't know I was I made da biggest mistake of my life, I was taking all kind of medications for headache, flu most of all migraine medication and pain killer.
    On October 16, 2012 I had another miscarriage. So I do believe that you can try getting pregnant immediately after miscarrying
    lottieJB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2012, 11:34 AM
    Hi

I miscarried at 11 weeks on 23rd Oct. (it was called a missed miscarriage) and stopped bleeding about 2 weeks later. We were both devastated as we have a 4yr old and were really excited about having another child and having a little brother or sister for our son. I had my first period after MC 2 weeks after the bleeding stopped. My husband and I are trying to conceive again now. I have heard of people getting pregnant immediately after a MC, without ever seeing a period. Personally because this was my 2nd MC in a row, I wanted to wait this time after until after my first menstrual cycle. I got pregnant the 2nd time immediately after MC early August without having a period in between and believe this may have been the cause of my second MC, as I didn't allow my body time to heal and get back to normal. However, everyone is different, so you should go with your instincts.

Good Luck to all you ladies trying to get pregnant.
    aluko mercy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2013, 04:44 AM
    My dear it is well, God knows better we have different people with different opinion was am not sure is if science or what have you is not the same every where, that is to say only God has the final say. Relax dear my doc told me I shouldn't pray for another period meaning I could get pregnant right away

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could this mean I'm ovulating? [ 7 Answers ]

When you have like thick white mucos is what I think comes out of you or some they say that means you are ovulating. It got to be mucos cause when I went to the doctor like two months ago I got checked and they didn't find nothing wrong. So what could it be

Could I be pregnant after ovulating? [ 1 Answers ]

I had sex two days after my period.I want to know if I am still ovulating and is is still likely for me to get pregnant:confused: :confused: I don't want to get pregnant but I need to know if there are any chances

Ovulating on different sides [ 4 Answers ]

How can I determine which side I'm ovulating on? I only have one good tube and need to get pregnant on that side. Thanks

Not ovulating and have appointment [ 2 Answers ]

I have not ovulated for 3 months, at least that is what the tests said if I have read them right. I have an appointment in the middle of Feb with OBGYN. What can I expect her to do or say?

Ovulating pains [ 3 Answers ]

My last question related to the change in my period now that I'm trying to get pregnant. I'm not sure if this is normal but I have had my period on the 19th of march which was 2 days late. I have read stuff that says you ovulate 12 - 14 days after your period, which would be around the 30th. It is...

View more questions Search