Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhbell Posts: 47, Reputation: -1

Jun 23, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Download stuck in tmp file cannot delete
    Hi everybody,
    I downloaded a movie and deleted it but later found it was still in TMP file.
    While trying to add new music files to windows media player it got hung up on trying to add the TMP file.
    I tried to delete this file but a message pops up and says I cannot delete the file because it is in use by another person or program.
    I have tried everything I can think of to delete it but can not.
    I would appreciate any help in this problem.
    Thanks rhbell
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2007, 10:14 AM
    Here's a utility that has worked for me: UNLOCKER 1.8.5 BY CEDRICK 'NITCH' COLLOMB
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 23, 2007, 10:21 AM
    Failing that boot to Safe Mode and delete from there.
    Works like a dream for locked files.
    rhbell Posts: 47, Reputation: -1

Jun 23, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Thanks I'm not very knowledgeable about computers. Could not find safe mode.
    Read some answers to similar problems and tried to follow directions on how to get to safe mode with xp but failed.
    But one said close everything on task bar.
    Did that manually and was able to delete, then rebooted and everything I closed down came back on and file was gone.
    THANKS EVERYBODY FOR HELP.
    rhbell

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't delete .dll file [ 5 Answers ]

I downloaded Thunderbird 1.6.0 after much delays and restarts. Tried to install it But got a 'pop-up' from 7-ZIP "Unspecified error." I don't use 7-ZIP but it is on my machine. Tried to delete it but was denied as "it was in use." I nibbled at the files, deleting each segment one by one. Got it...

How can I delete this .dll file? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a .dll file that got stuck on my computer after a virus, I went in to the registry and deleted all the virus files out of there, the only thing that is left is this unwanted dll file called xxfgmy.exe, please tell me how to get ride of this, it says it's running all the time and it can't...

Can't delete file [ 2 Answers ]

'I was having problems playing songs on Musicmatch Jukebox, from one of the cds I ripped to My Music. I tried to delete the artist's folder but it won't let me (cannot delete file: cannot read from the source file or disk). I opened this folder and saw two folders with the name of the album on...

Delete file from My Music [ 7 Answers ]

Any Expert, I got a problem to delete a file from My Music folder. It is a AVI video file about 192MB size. I think I accidentally downloaded it to My Music folder a couple months ago. But when I tried to delete it, it always gives the error dialog that like "cannot delete: It is being used by...

View more questions Search