Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    netterfish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 09:44 AM
    Password, computer burnt, can't access my HDD
    How can I access my HDD when my computer power is burnt when Windows XP in password protected and all my files are set to private. I have moved it to another computer trying to "break into my HDD" but to no avail. Thanks
    +
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2007, 03:56 PM
    Do you mean that you have simply hooked up the hard drive by itself in another computer?

You could try putting your hard drive on as a "slave" to another hard drive in another computer. I think that you should be able to get into your files that way. But, I'm not totally sure, because I have not had to work with a hard drive that was password protected. Depending on the brand of hard drive that you have, you may need to do some configuration of jumpers on the back of your hard drive in order for it to function as a slave.

I'm no computer expert but, I do have some experience with them. Maybe someone will be able to give you helpful advice also.

Information on the following sites may also be of help to you.

How to Install a Second Hard Drive | eHow.com

How to Change the Master/Slave Designation on a Hard Drive | eHow.com
    bowlday Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2007, 01:54 PM
    I would remove the hdd from that computer, put it into another machine and run Recover My Files (http://www.recovermyfiles.com/). Otherwise your going to be in for a long process and headaches. Other programs work as well

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

External HDD recognized, but not visible in MY Computer [ 10 Answers ]

Just bought a new USB2.0 Hard Drive External Storage System. I coonected it through USB and gets recognized by the computer but would not appear in my computer? I have never used it before and I assumed I would see it there, just like a Memory Stick when inserted. Assist Ona.

Can not access other computer [ 2 Answers ]

I can't access other Computer in LAN with follow message: \\PC19 is not accessible.You might not have permission...

Laptop`s HDD password [ 2 Answers ]

My brother gives me hcl laptop but system ask for HDD password,any bdy khow how it break... :confused:

D-Link Wireless Router - how do I set up to require password to access? [ 2 Answers ]

I have DI-524 Wireless Router. How do I set up to require users to require password to connect (go from unsecured to secured)? I suspect my neighbors using my router and it is impacting performance of my connections. And for the life of me, I can't figure out the manuals which came with the...

Setup an password in folder access [ 5 Answers ]

Dear sir; I want to setup an password in my desire folder I have win98 folder what should I do to protect my folder from other without changing my user account

View more questions Search