Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    enzo Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 08:04 AM
    Vomitting puppy.
    My puppy is 4 months old or so and he's starting to puke.
    He's been sick for about a day. Then after got well, I didn't take him to a vet yet.
    Later on he got even better all normal. Until today when we woke up.
    Diarrhea and vomits. The vomit had some red stuff, which seemed to look like blood
    And my dad still won't take him to the vet saying he's going to give him 24 hours if he's better.
    My dog didn't have any shots yet..
    I'm scared for my dog right now and my dad won't do anything.
    Any advice PLEASE and thanks.

p.s. how much do vets cost usually? Because I hope I have enough money since my dad is being... ugh
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2007, 08:20 AM
    Honey, you really need to take him to the vet, that may be the only thing that saves his life. Young puppies should not be puking up blood. I live in a suburb of cincinnati we can get office visits 19 dollars and up. Call around and find out. Good luck
    AllenS Posts: 67, Reputation: 10

Jun 23, 2007, 09:07 AM
    BUshg is right, if they pup hasn't had any of its shots then you need to take him to the vet ASAP.
    At four months your puppy should have AT LEAST 3-4 shots by now.
    deworming shots, vccinations etc. etc.
    Your puppy is VERY susceptible to the Parvo virus which can, and in many cases, does, kill puppies.
    Treating a pup with parvo can become pricey as in thousands of dollars, pricey.
    We'll be keeping fingers crossed and hope its nothing too serious, though any prolonged uking in a dog is always serious.
    wish you and your little guy luck =\

Jun 23, 2007, 10:58 AM
    MAN, I so want to kill myself right now.
    My dad is more into his construction working than the fricken dog!
    He says that the puppy was fine yesterday and he'l be fine again.
    SCREW THAT
    , I shouldn't even have got a damn puppy if it's going to have short life because of that.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2007, 11:03 AM
    Maybe call someone in your family they may be willing to help, honey I am so sorry

Jun 23, 2007, 11:04 AM
    My dad's a pain in the heart.
    I'm going to sell my puppy, as much as it hurts.
    He needs a better family anyway. I can't do nothing.
    My dad's telling me to shut up or else.

Jun 23, 2007, 11:10 AM
    Wow I'm really sorry it didn't work out. Just next time, make sure you'll have some one willing to take your pup to the vet when he needs it k?
    I know it hurts a lot, but It's better he goes to a nice family who won't decline his health, and let him die.
    Im so sorry.
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Jun 23, 2007, 11:10 AM
    Where do you live? Is there a humane society or anything nearby? I'm not quite sure of how everything works but I do know sometimes if you call them and tell them you are unable to care for the dog they will come pick it up and help the poor puppy.

Jun 23, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Ooh, thanks. Well I live in manitoba, winnipeg, canada.
    U think they do that here?

Jun 23, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenS
    wow im really sorry it didnt work out. Just next time, make sure you'll have some one willing to take your pup to the vet when he needs it k?
    I know it hurts alot, but It's better he goes to a nice family who wont decline his health, and let him die.
    Im so sorry.

... no. I'll let them just take care of my puppy who ever buys it, then I'll return the money. And when I move out of my home with a goood job and , I'm taking my baby back!

Jun 23, 2007, 11:13 AM
    YOu could call some of the near by vets, Shelters and other related places, and ask around. I'm sure if there is a Humane Society near, it will be listed in the phone book hun.

Jun 23, 2007, 11:15 AM
    I'd hope you're close to the age that you'll be able to move out soon.
    That would be wonderful!
    I really hope something works out!=)
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2007, 02:27 PM
    Be nice if some of our Canadian members popped in. I may not always agree with their advice, but they should be far more aware of resources available in Canada than I am. I don't know if the help available through American Kennel Club - Breed Rescue dog dogs puppy puppies extends to Canada or not. If you found a Canadian rescue group, they might know of resources available to you, and if not, could at least help find a home where he would receive the care he needs.

I am very disappointed in your father. If he didn't intend to provide the puppy proper care, he shouldn't have allowed you to have it in the first place. Unfortunately, many people don't take the responsibility of having a dog seriously. I see that daily, here and some other sites I am active on. It is hard giving answers that might help the dog, when you want to call the person an irresponsible dolt.

Your puppy may or may not have some fatal disease. It could even be a blockage from an indigestible. If he will eat, give him some bread, the softest stuff you can fine. It will pack around any sharp object protecting his stomach and intestines from something sharp that may be causing the blood.

I still would like to see him go to the vet.

Jun 24, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Hm.. actually, it probably wasn't blood.
    My mom told me he ate rubber with hair on it or something.
    I don't know why she didn't take it out.. I wasn't here to see it.
    Maybe the puke looked like blood but it wasn't..
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2007, 10:40 AM
    Once when I sat a friend's pup, she warned me he had eaten her grandson's crayons. It was a Lab, prone to eating anything, and stomach trouble from unwise choices. It sounds like that could be what happened to yours. Sometimes they manage to expel or pass the offending object and are fine.

You may be lucky so far. Any immunity passed on from his mother likely is gone by now. I would like to see him go to the vet for a check up, shots, a heartworm check, and heartworm and flea remedy if needed. Pull the hair back at the base of the tail. If you can see or feel dark, reddish specks, he has fleas. The vet has the safest and most effective remedies.

If no specks, my puppies did well without anything for years as long as I just had one healthy, young dog in the house. This is the fourth summer since Aster turned ten and returned to live with us. With her old flea allergy, I have her and our puppy on Revolution. We always have a puppy because when they are a year old, we send it away to school and get a new one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

When can I get another puppy after my puppy died of parvo? [ 19 Answers ]

My husband and I recently bought a puppy. 5 days later she was very sick and after taking her to the vet hospital we found out she had parvo. We did everything possible to help her get better but after 5 days of 24 hour treatment we had to put her to sleep. We've now learned that she contacted the...

Cat keeps vomitting [ 1 Answers ]

My cat is 7 years old. Last 6 days she keeps vomitting she has been seen by pdsa. Gave her some tablets. Nothing working.can any one help please.

Vomitting shar-pei puppy [ 2 Answers ]

Why does my 5 month old Shar-pei wake up in the night to vimit which looks like bile?

Vomitting in cats [ 1 Answers ]

My cat had renal failure but has seemed happy and social otherwise. Recently he has begun vomitting regularly. He is not vomitting up food-I have tried a couple different brands-just fluid. The fluid is mostly clear and does not seem to have an odor to it but my husband is becoming very aggrivated....

Vomitting/Diarreha in cats [ 1 Answers ]

:( My cat is almost 13. Always healthy and very well maintained. He is a fixed male and is not over weight. He was diagnosed with diabetes in September 2006. For the last 2 years we have had a terrible time with him vomitting 1-2 times/ week, yet 3-6 times a day on the days he does vomit! I have...

View more questions Search