Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    First Timer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 01:58 AM
    Going Crazy !
    :confused: I believe I am pregnant , but not to sure . I smoke pot for my seizure disorder instead of taking regular medications . Tell you the truth , it stopped my seizures about 60 %. Would smoking pot while I'm pregnant affect my pregnancy at all ? I have been going crazy the past few days thinking about whether or not I should quite smoking pot and get the seizures back , or if I should just cut back on how much I smoke. This is my first child , and I have serious health problems myself. I really don't need to pass them on to my child. What should I do ?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2007, 02:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by First Timer
    :confused: I belive I am pregnant , but not to sure . I smoke pot for my seizure disorder instead of taking regular medications . Tell ya the truth , it stoped my seizures about 60 %. Would smoking pot while I'm pregnant affect my pregnancy at all ? I have been going crazy the past few days thinking about wether or not I should quite smoking pot and get the seizures back , or if I should just cut back on how much I smoke. This is my first child , and I have serious health problems myself. I really don't need to pass them on to my child. What should I do ?
    This is a tough subject. Is the pot medically prescribed to you by your doctor? If you have seizures then what has caused them? Are you seeing a neorologist? What kind of seizures? Frequency? Severity?

Now many women who have seizures needs medicine to control their seizures. My wife is on medication and to be quite honest there is a risk to every single medicine that is out there. Some more severe then others.

Now you need to realize that seizures can change during a pregnancy and after. The frequency possibly can increase. If you stop any kind of medicine without any advice is not a good thing. Depending on the severity of the seizures, the risk of taking the medication, or the risk of not because seizures can also do damage to the developing baby. The risks have to be thought out and then decide with good measure what is best.

Please Please Please seek medical advice. This is very important. I would say smoking pot would be more harmful then prescribed medications because pot can cause damage, it is inhaled so that would cause damage. Being lighter in weight. This is my opinion and thoughts.

I will get some websites for you about seizures and pregnancy and medicine use, I will also give you sites for pregnancy and pot use.

I would also like to know how much do you smoke. Have you been taking any prenatels, folic acid. These give the baby the proper vitamins and start in life to developing.

Epilepsy/Seizures - Pregnancy - neurologychannel
    Is it safe to smoke marijuana during pregnancy?
    Pot and Pregnancy: A Potent Mix?

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please help, I'm going crazy! [ 3 Answers ]

I don't remember a lot so there is prob no hope in me finding the answer! It was a cartoon I use to watch when I was a kid... I think it was a movie perhaps.. either way it was an animation. I grew up mid 80s to 90s seeing it so it would be from around that time, maybe a little earlier even. ...

Am I going crazy? [ 4 Answers ]

OK, I'm 25 and just last yr I was diagnosed w/diabetes. My dr. told me of all the right foods I need to eat and what wrong foods I need to stay away from. I honestly have to say that some sugar-free items are good but you really can't compare a sugar-free cookie to an oreo. Well, my boyfriend...

Am I crazy? [ 1 Answers ]

For several months my best friend and I have had dreams that are connected. Like on the same night we dream the same dream. Sometimes it happens to be that it may be a week apart. The dreams we have been having have been on the same thing with the same people for MONTHS and honestly we are confused...

They Think I am crazy! [ 3 Answers ]

Everyone I ask thinks I am nuts. I remember a movie called don't be afraid of the dark, maybe from the 70's-or even earlier. About these little deamons who try to drag people to the death down a fireplace that was once briked up. Is this a movie?:eek:

View more questions Search