Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lumina93 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2003, 11:54 AM
    Computer failure
    Dear sirs or madams: I have a Midwest micro computer about 9 yrs. Old. We use it for the games that are part of the windows version loaded into it permanently. A few days ago it would not load and come on as it did before. The messages say the hard drive is not installed and the battery is low. Will this low battery cause this problem or it something else. It also says CMOS isn't right. Thank you. Jim Passer. [email protected]
    acsteitz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2003, 12:17 PM
    computer failure
    Yes, if your CMOS battery is low then the settings stored in your CMOS will disappear when you turn off the computer. You can go into the "Setup" when you first turn on your computer (usually by pressing "F1" or "Del") and change your settings but you will have to do that every time you turn on your computer unless you get a new battery. It may be hard to find a battery for a computer that is this old. If there is ANY way you can afford a new PC (or buy an "old" PC that someone is selling in your local paper), now would be a good time to do so. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer failure [ 2 Answers ]

My question is: If the battery is low, will it cause an older computer to fail to operate and not recognize the hard drive? Thank you to anyone who can advise [email protected]

Renal failure in a CAT [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My eight year old cat, Willy, was recently diagnosed with Kidney Renal Failure..KIDNEY RENAL FAILURE He is right on the border. I would like to know what is the difference between Perscription products for Kidneys and the other products.. For example, Low Phosphorus, reduced portein,...

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

Thermostat Failure? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a wall mounted Whirlpool air conditioner which was bought new 3 years ago. The thermostat on this unit appears to have quit functioning this summer. It just continuously pours out cold air and eventually causes the unit to ice up. Any suggestions as to what I can try to get the thermostat...

View more questions Search