Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nickyblinks Posts: 43, Reputation: 4

Jun 22, 2007, 10:04 PM
    Hair coloring
    Is permanent hair dye really that bad for your hair? Does the nonpermanent hair dye damage it and which is worse highlights or hair dye?
    laodemon22 Posts: 54, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2007, 10:54 PM
    Permanent hair dye is really bad for your hair if you keep doing it over and over and over. And both hair and highlights will damage your either way, but I think hair dye much worse since it does your whole hair
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2007, 10:55 PM
    I've dyed my hair tons of times since I was a teenager. I finally let it grow out to my natural hair color, only it wasn't my natural hair color anymore. My natural color darkened a lot from dying my hair so much.

Jun 22, 2007, 11:01 PM
    Right now its almost blonde I guess. If I dye it black will it come out black or will it come out brown because I tried the nonpermanent one and it didn't come out black. Do I just have to leave it in longer?
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2007, 11:01 PM
    When you say non-permanent do you mean like the store bought kind you get in a box?

Jun 22, 2007, 11:07 PM
    No like the one that washes off in like 12-20 washes or something and it says nonpermanent on the box and its awesome because you can change your haircolor everymonth if you want to
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2007, 11:11 PM
    Every time you dye your hair, permanent or non-permanent, there are chemicals involved that fry your hair. Its definitely not healthy. But my advice is if you want it done correctly go to a salon and have it done, usually trying to dye it yourself ends up in a bad outcome. And instead of dying it a different color every month, pick one that you like and stick with it. Getting root touch ups is a little better than dying your whole head of hair all the time.

Jun 22, 2007, 11:14 PM
    Yea I do have a favorite which was black and I miss it but I think ill lay off the hair coloring for a while
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2007, 11:15 PM
    It would be best to give it a rest for a while. Your hair really gets fried from all those harsh chemicals in hair dye.
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Jun 22, 2007, 11:20 PM
    Hair coloring is not healthy for your hair but if you insist on dying your hair there are healthier ways to go about it. NEVER use hair color from a box you bought at the store (it may seem cheaper but if you mess up it will ned up costing more in the long run) it will damage your hair even more having to fix it. I've had my hair highlighted for over 10 years now, my hair is healthy (of course it could be a little healthier) but I would never try to do it myself, I'll leave that up to my hairdresser.

Jun 22, 2007, 11:22 PM
    Do different colors have a different effect on the quality of your hair?
    gooberlishious Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2007, 04:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickyblinks
    is permanent hair dye really that bad for your hair? Does the nonpermanent hair dye damage it and which is worse highlights or hair dye?
    I have been dying my hair for many of years. Non permanent hair dye has no Ammonia in it which can change the texture to your hair and can cause breakage. The non permanent dye will last up to 8 shampoos, as where as permanent shampoo will just fade in color. Bleaching can cause over processing that can lead to dry damaged hair, cause your hair to become limp, fall out or even break off. I am not an expert but I do speak from experience,
    xxmissconfusedxx Posts: 121, Reputation: 5

Aug 21, 2007, 07:44 AM
    Highlights are so badd for your hair

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

All About Hair Coloring [ 8 Answers ]

Your hair is a mixture of 3 colors; red yellow, and blue. These are the primary colors. Secondary colors are orange, green, and violet. If you look at the "wheel" a color opposite (directly across) will "negate" that color. This means if your hair is a orange color - green will make it a brown...

Too much hair coloring? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm interested in finding out how long you need to wait between coloring your hair. I don't plan to return to the salon where I got the bad color and I wanted to go somewhere new but wasn't sure that the chemicals would interact well? Help! Ethel:( :(

Hair coloring [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my hair this weekend and it has a grey tone to it. Is there anything I can use to get rid of this color? Please help!

Coloring hair [ 1 Answers ]

I colored my hair with dark and lovely #365 I think it was, anyway it was suppose to be red, I want to know how do I dye my hair back to it dark brown or make the color fade fast... if I dye my hair with a dark color should I color as if I never colored before... please help!! :confused:

Coloring hair [ 1 Answers ]

My natural hair color is medium to dark brown. I have had highlights in my hair and as a result, my hair looks very brassy where the highlights used to be. I bought a light brown color at a beauty supply store so that I could cover up the brassy looking color. The color did not turn out light...

View more questions Search