Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrsHec4 Posts: 118, Reputation: 4

Jul 1, 2007, 12:39 PM
    It is possible to get the industrial piercing done with the gun if they place it carefully you'd just have to wait about two weeks before you could place the long pole in. I think that's less painful than the needle anyway
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2007, 12:49 PM
    You can't get it with the gun because they need a wide hole to fit the barbell in. If you use just a regular ear piercing gun, all you can put in is regular earrings.

Jul 4, 2007, 10:58 AM
    There's a device that stretches the hole to accommodate the larger pole

Jul 4, 2007, 10:59 AM
    I have a friend who did it this way it takes longer to get the desired results but it worked
    pshemmmmillyy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2009, 09:38 PM
    Well I'm in the same position as you trying to convince my mum, but I read something you wrote and it disturbed me a little.
    Can you honestly say that if your friend hadn't 'convinced you' you'd still want to get it? No offence intended, but maybe think about that.
    Because I know that I thought of this on my own and it took me a while to decide, (most of my friends are telling me not to get it), but I want it for myself so I made the decision.

But goodluck :]
    Lexka444 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2009, 12:37 PM
    I just had my industrial done a week ago. My parents really aren't big on piercings, and by that I mean they didn't want me to get my ears pierced at all, not even once on the lobe. Best way to convince a parent is to ask, calmly! And without any trace of whining or immaturity or sullenness, why your mom has an objection to this specific piercing and then address her concerns and complaints rationally. Also have tons of information about the piercing, i.e. what best to clean it with, how long it will take to heal, what metal should be used when the peircing is healing, how exactly it is done, what you can do for pain, and so on.

One of the facts I used on my parents is that even though cartilage piecing take a long time to heal they close up really fast, so if I for a job or something I couldn't have a visible piercing the chances of it closing up quickly and well are extremal high. Also because it is on the ear it is easy to cover up by simply wearing you hair down.

Try to explain to your mom why you want this peircing and use a good excuse not like I want it because it is cool or my friend is getting one. My parents responded well to the personal expression of individuality, but you know what you mom will respond to.

Also if you mom does say no, just accept it and no whining because not whining will make you seem more mature and increase the chance of her changing her mind. And if you ask her again in like 6 months you have proved yourself mature and that the industrial is something you truly want and not just a "phase" (God, I hate it when parents say that X_X.

Also if you really want the piercing it is worth the wait. I had to wait until I was almost 16 to get my ears pieced the first time and had to wait about 9 months for my industrial (I'm 17 now) and it was completely worth the wait. It looks fantastic.

You also sound like you are a little worried about the pain. It is different for everyone. Some people say it is one of the most painful piercings and other say it didn't really hurt at all. It just depends. Personally I found that stubbing my toe is more painful. I one of those people who will hope around for like half an hour after stubbing my toe swearing and for my piercing I just said ow when they put the actually bar in because they tapped the side of the hole. I will say that the healing is far worse than actually getting it done. I've had other cartilage piercings done before and it hurts all the time for about a month, then is just kind of sore for about two more, but won't be 100% healed for about another 6 months after that.

I hope that helps
    gotbagels007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 11:22 AM

When I was your age I desperately wanted to get my industrial and my mom said no too. If its something you really want think of how gratifying it will be when you finally do turn 18 and you can walk in and ge it on your own. Trust me its worth the wait. I got mine 6 months ago and it was by far the most painful piercing I have had (and I have a high pain tolerance!). Wait it out to make sure its something you really do want to put yourself through, healing is a . Don't piss off your mom anymore, just wait it out!
    cvbnm Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Dec 8, 2009, 08:13 PM
    Piercings are not the answer to all of your problem ooh I want more freedom ooh I know ill get a piercing. Well no that's not going to get you freedom it will make your parents not let you do anything and plus it's a hole in your body for the rest of your life do you really want that!!
    KDUBB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 08:15 PM
    I got mine done on my 16th birthday. Things might be different where you live. The best thing would to go to the parlor and ask what you can get done. Where I went any ear piercing you can be 16. Its just tattoos and body piercings you have to wait until your 18.
    lovebird120 Posts: 110, Reputation: 11

Jan 5, 2010, 04:43 PM

What state do you live in?
    Why don't you tell your mom that it would be a good reward for doing good in school or tell her that you will do stuff for her for a month or 2 and help around the house or do it opposite kind of show her some worse piercings like corset and septum and say see mom I don't want piercings that look bad like this just something simple on my ear and if it's that you don't want to see it I could put my hair over it when your around so you don't need to see something you don't like.
    How old are you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Industrial Ear Piercing [ 22 Answers ]

Ok I got my industrial done about 4 days ago. After the guy pierced it he sent me on my merry way and didn't give me any aftercare instructions. Can someone who has had this done and it has healed nicely for them give me some advice? Also, on an average how long does it take this piercing to...

Tongue piercing.how do I convince my mom [ 66 Answers ]

okay so here's the deal, I'm 14 and my mom let me get my belly button pierced 2 years ago... I personally think piercings are a good way to express yourself.. I would like a tongue piercing and a tattoo maybe a nose piercing just a stud though... I will wait until I'm older for my nose n my tattoo...

Convince the father [ 9 Answers ]

Im 5 mo pregnant and the father thinks its not his ,how can I convince him that it is?:confused:

The first and second industrial revolutions in Canada [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone give me any info or links regarding how the first two industrial revolutions affected Canada? I've been looking forever, but can't find anything.

View more questions Search