Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    YARNMAN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2007, 05:36 PM
    Vessel Sink--Draining
    We have a vessel sink, installed by a plumber and the sink fills half way before it drains, and it drains with a lot of suction after it fills half way.
    The plumber tells us this is normal, I can't believe it
    Can you please confirm that he is right, and if not how I would go about fixing it
    Thank you
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2007, 08:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by YARNMAN
    We have a vessel sink, installed by a plumber and the sink fills half way before it drains, and it drains with a lot of suction after it fills half way.
    The plumber tells us this is normal, I can't believe it
    Can you please confirm that he is right, and if not how I would go about fixing it
    Thank you
    This is normal -- And the only real fix is to replace the grid or pop-up drain assembly with a flip-top drain assembly.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 23, 2007, 06:31 AM
    Follow Growlers advice and install a flip-top vessel sink drain,(see image).
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Vessel Sink without overflow drains slow [ 59 Answers ]

I installed a new vessel sink without an overfolw and it drains very slow. When I loosen a connection and let some air in it drains fine, just like it did with the original undercounter sink. So I assume I need to do something to compensate for the lack of an overflow. Any suggestions? Thanks.

What drain should I use for a vessel sink [ 5 Answers ]

I've been told you need to use a special drain for vessel sinks to get them to drain. What are some of the recommended brands that work well in this application? Doug

Drain for Vessel Sink [ 1 Answers ]

I just received my vessel sink and now need to purchase the right drain... The actual opening measures 1 3/4" and the recess for the flange/trim is 2 3/4". The various drains I've been looking at measure 1 1/4", 1 1/2" or 1 3/4". Am I limited to 1 3/4" drains or can I use one smaller? Also, my...

Vessel sink draining slow [ 2 Answers ]

I have an ongoing problem with a new vessel sink. Question is there a minimum length between the bottom of the sink and the P-Trap?

Hooking up a vessel sink [ 1 Answers ]

I'm installing a vessel sink atop an adapted wooden vanity (which started life as a night-table). We're raising the vessel up about four inches by constructing a box for it on top of the surface of the vanity. My question is, can someone show me a diagram of the proper way to extend the drain...

View more questions Search