Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    herman71 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2007, 04:53 PM
    how do i enlarge a photo
    Hi, I am Herman, I am new to this site, hello to all.
    my question is , how can I enlarge a photo in photoshop, for example if the photo is 11x5
    how can I make it 100x50 and what should be the resolution.
    thank you.
    lschoeggl Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Oct 29, 2007, 08:14 AM
    Hi Herman, You've probably figured this out by now (it's an old post), but just in case...

The minimum resolution that you will want for printing is typically 300dpi. You then multiply this by the image size you want. So, for example, if I wanted to make a 4x6 print, I would want the image resolution to be 1200x1800 (4x300... 6x300). You'd then want to go into the Image Size dialog box in Photoshop (go to the Image drop-down menu and then select Image Size). Make sure the "Constrain Proportions" box is checked and then enter your numbers (1200, 1800, or whatever your size calculation worked out to be) in the Pixel Dimensions section (make sure the drop-downs here are for pixels, not percentages). At the bottom of the box, it has a drop-down for Resample Image. Make sure this box is checked and then select Bicubic Smoother if you are making the photo bigger than it is now, and Bicubic Sharpener if you are making it smaller than it is now. Click OK and your image is resized! It's important to then zoom in to the image to view it at 100%. There's a limit to how much you can enlarge an image, so here you are looking to see that the image is still sharp and of good quality.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to enlarge the breasts by using kinds of foods? [ 7 Answers ]

I want to know kinds of food to enlarge the breasts naturally

Photo [ 2 Answers ]

Just in case someone here knows hw are 3d photos made

3d photo [ 1 Answers ]

I have a pictue in 3d of an eagle landing on a branch ==how are these made

Enlarge a partition under RAID [ 9 Answers ]

Hello All Expert, I would like to repartition in my fileserver. It is because that the main partition "C" drive is not enough space to install new program. My fileserver has "C" and "D" drive, "C" install windows 2000 server and "D" keep all data. Moreover the Fileserver running under RAID 1...

View more questions Search