Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rbs1952 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2007, 04:40 PM
    OSB repair
    An outside faucet leaked for some time inside the exterior wall before it was noticed. Now on investigating I find the OSB sheathing to be rotting in this area. The outside wall is synthetic stucco and interior wall cedar. My access to the area in question is a 14" x 14" access panel and 3" along the floor where the base board was. The rotting area is between two studs and extends from the access panel to the floor(about 40"). I would like not to replace the entire sheathing nor make any more holes in the cedar. As it is there is no visible cosmetic damage from inside the room or on the exterior stucco. Obviously I fixed the leak and will dry the area.

Is there anything that can be done to repair the rotted OSB (the studs are fine)? Do I need to do anything?
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jun 22, 2007, 08:34 PM
    If You Can't See And Damage Id Just Leave It Alone, I Would However Spray Some Kilz Primer In The Opening To Kill Any Mold That My Grow From It Being Most. Do This After It Has Dried.
    It Really Sounds Like It Will Be Tough To Get To The Osb, So Unless It's a Problem To Just Leave It, Just Keep The Mold From Growing.
    Im Sure There's Other Products You Can Use To Kill It If Its Even In The Wall, But If You Paint The Inside With It, It Should Be Able To Grow On The Kilz Primer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit repair [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone used the credit company in columbus called CCCS? It is on Broad Street on the east side. I wanted to go to them for help but I know nothing about them. Are they good at what they say they do?

OSB used in construction [ 8 Answers ]

Can I use this type of board for walls and roof and floors for my shed if I intend to cover the exterior in sheetmetal?. if so, should I paint all of the OS.. just in case it rains while I'm building?. this is going to be a 1 man job so its going to take me awhile.. thanks for any help

Car repair [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1991 nissan pathfinder when I stepped on gas I heard a clunk and iwas no longerable to put it in gear. It would just run in nuetral

Toilet repair [ 1 Answers ]

The flange from my toilet bowl to the waste drain needs to be replaced. The on I need to remove has been glued in. What is the best(Safest) way to remove it without damaging the waste drain?

View more questions Search