Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnsharer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2007, 03:34 PM
    Maytag Dryer MD5500-Object Caught in Interior Metal Bar
    We own a Maytag Neptune Dryer Model MD5500 that's about five years old. There are metal bars inside the "tumbler" drum. Each of the bars has open spaces or slats, two at each end. A button or coin has gotten caught in one of those open spaces. This, of course, makes a loud noise when the dryer is operating. We've tried everything to find and remove the noisy object. We don't want to pry off the metal bar, for fear that we'll never get it back in place. Has anyone encountered this problem and, if so, how were you able to fix it? Many thanks.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2007, 05:21 AM
    I think you are talking about the drum glides? They should be rivited in place so you are correct, DO NOT go prying on them. The only way I know of to get to it is by removing the drum. Have you tried a bent coat hanger with tape (stickey side out) on it to retrieve? Maybe tilting the dryer in one direction or another to make the object more accesible

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag dryer [ 8 Answers ]

My maytag dryer won't start

Object fell in dryer lint screen slot. [ 3 Answers ]

My dryer's lint screen comes out of the top of the dryer. I pulled it out to clean it, and a little rubber ball fell into the slot. I can't see it, can't get to it. I pulled the dryer out and tried to feel for it through the venting but we can only get so far. Laundry is backing up, any ideas?

Maytag Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Our Maytag dryer suddenly stopped working. The light is not on and it cannot start. We think it could be the fuse but don't know where to find it. Can someone help.

View more questions Search