Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caroline49 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Radio in England 1938.
    I am writing a book set in England in 1938 - 39. I am wondering what radio programs would the average person be listening to in London England in 1938 - 39.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Brits were listening to the BBC news events of WWII - Hitler's marches and consquests, listening to his speeches and terror. They were also listening to Winston Churchill.
    They alos listened to sports - Cricket and the commentaries. Orson Welles' production of, "War of the Worlds" was heard over in 1938 or 1939. England, over the Red Network of the National Broadcasting Company, listened to Charlie McCarthy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

England before 1066 [ 4 Answers ]

William said that edward... to make him his heir(ie to be the next king) It's a crossword answer 8 letters .r.. I.. d And Much of the early history of england was written by monks, the name we give to such people is a... 10 letters... n... Thanks

Moving to England. [ 16 Answers ]

I am interested in moving to england from the US in the next year or two. How would I go about doing so? How would I be able to become a citizen? Are there certain things I would need? Thanks in advance, Kara

Universities in England [ 2 Answers ]

Hi,can anyone help me?have you ever heart of the Birkback University of London.Is it real?Is it good?IŽll be happy to hearing from anyone who knows anything about this University.Thanks

Travel To England [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I want to go to England to go to college and work for a while. We both live in Anguilla and have a British European Passport. We have never been to England. We would like to know if the government can help us find a flat and give us financial aid for college and would like to pay...

View more questions Search