Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    farinal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2007, 02:19 PM
    Monetary wedding gift ettiquette
    I have aweeding to attend next week and in the invitation the bride and groom have requested money as the wedding gifts because they are going to live with her parents. The wedding is going to take place in a country club with dinner served. What is the correct amount to give?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 22, 2007, 02:25 PM
    Give what you like.

Personally, I either give a small amount of cash (while asking family for monetary gifts is okay, I think asking for money for a wedding is tacky to the extreme), or a more expensive gift that I know the couple would like but wouldn't buy for themselves.
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

Jun 22, 2007, 03:24 PM
    They were inappropriate in the extreme asking for money/gifts at all... but actually putting it on the wedding invitation is downright crass.

Give what you'd like as any gift, not matter how small or large, is "correct".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding ettiquette [ 17 Answers ]

My fiancé and I are planning and paying for our own wedding. We are on a very tight budget, so we decided to limit the number of people who come to the reception. We have talked about leaving the church open to a larger number of people. Is it OK to invite people to the church and not to the...

What is an appropriate monetary gift for graduation? [ 4 Answers ]

What is an appropriate monetary gift for a neighbor's h.s. graduation? They are a nice family, and we dog sit for them and they for us, but the kids have never bothered to talk to us much, or do anything for us, even though we are quite a bit older than there parents. He is going to the local...

Appropriate college graduation monetary gift [ 3 Answers ]

What would be an appropriate monetary college graduation gift for a neighbor's daughter that I don't know well and her friend that I don't know at all. It is a combined college graduation party. :confused:

Wedding ettiquette [ 14 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I just wanted to get some opinions on something... my best friend is getting married this summer and she is having a somewhat large wedding (about 200 people) Do you think that she should be able to choose who comes and who doesn't or do you think it is proper ettiquette to allow her...

Wedding Ettiquette for Divorced Parents [ 3 Answers ]

All the information I have found re: wedding etiquette for divorced parents is about the BRIDE'S parents. What about the groom's parents? My friend's son is getting married in Aug. She is in the middle of a very difficult process of divorce and is definitely not on speaking terms with her...

View more questions Search