Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Christianna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Customer service
    -Can you give an example of a time when you experienced good customer service and explain why it was good?

-Tell me about a time when you give effective customer service?

-Have you ever dealt with a company that provided first-class customer service?what aspects it so good and how would you apply the same principles in this role?

-Working in this face-to-face customer service environment,how would you demonstrate that you are listening to customer?

-Talk me through an example of how you have used data to improve your teams productivity?
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2007, 02:40 PM
    This sounds like a homework question.

Do your own homework.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2007, 03:06 PM
    I experienced good customer service from a local Hobby Lobby store just 10 days ago. I had boughten a special frame for a picture I had cross stitched for my nephew's fiancés engagement party. I had the frame cut and then was to put it together. When I got home and started putting the frame back together, the clerk at the frame shop in Hobby Lobby measured wrong and cut the frames short. The next day I took it all back.

Not only did I get a new frame, but they refunded all my money from the first purchase and then framed the picture for me - with a more expensive frame to boot! PLUS I received a gift certificate for $25.00. What a great deal. I not only got the apology, I got a new and better frame, the picture framed for me, AND the gift certificate AND all my original money back! I am definitely a return customer there.

I guess I answered your second question first.

So now for your first question - I worked once as an assistant manager of a shoe store. A woman bought a pair of heels, the purse to match, and some other accessories. She brought it back in tears, saying her children told her she was being wasteful of her money, buying something that she did not need. I asked her if she wanted to keep the items and she said yes but could only do so if she could make a weekly payment, so her children would not notice the money. She said she would explain the items as having gotten them as a gift. So I refunded her the money and then wrote it up as an "on time" purchase. Agreement was for $5.00 a week for 10 weeks. I caught some flack from the district manager but I explained it to him and he relented. The woman got her items back and was happy. The store never lost any money and so the store was happy too.

How do you demonstrate you are listening to the customer? Eye contact, repeating back what the customer says to you (it reaffirms what they said and shows you are listening), offer suggestions or advice honestly, do not ever blow a customer off. Every customer is as worthy as the next one. Be attentive and in tune with what they are saying and needing. Be pleasant. Remember that customer is your bread and butter. If they are not happy, they will make sure everyone they know will find out how you treated them. Don't leave your customer to go attend to someone else. If you must leave to answer a phone or get something for the customer, be polite and excuse yourself. If you ever think manners do not count for much anymore, then you are so wrong.

About this, "Talk me through an example of how you have used data to improve your teams productivity". Sorry, that one you got to figure out on your own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Customer Service telephone ethics [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking for a general telephone etchics for a customer service department. Ex: How to answer the phone, How to ask questions, How to end a call, What to avoid... If you can help me I will really appreciate Thanlk you for your help! Patrick :)

Telephone ethics as customer service [ 4 Answers ]

1. What is the best way of answering the call specially answering the customer over the Phone?

Customer Service [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know how to find names of senior and top level professionals working in MNC? i.e. Gen. Manager, Marketing Head, vice presidents, directors etc. I have visited their websites but I have not succeeded. Please show me the method to get this info. Either through net or any other mode....

Customer Service Letter [ 1 Answers ]

I have to write a letter apologizing to a customer... the customer received a counterfeit $50 bill at one of our stores. She thinks it came from our store but left the store before determination of the fake money. She wants a letter stating that there is nothing we can do about the problem so that...

Customer Service Stories [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for great customer service stories for a talk I am designing on the subject, and possibly an article as well. Anyone have a story they'd like to share?

View more questions Search