Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelinside94 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2007, 11:03 AM
    Geometry comments
    I am 13 I go to Middle School and this year (8th grade) I will be taking Geometry can anybody tell me anything about it. I heard that if you are good at AlgebraI (already taken and I loved it) that you won't be good at Geometry so I was wondering if anyone had a comment about that preformance ratio.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2007, 11:15 AM
    Erm, I'm pretty sure that geometry and algebra probably are linearly related, a better grasp of algebra shows a better grasp of mathematical concepts which will give you a boost with the geometry.

Whoever told you that they're inversely related is talking poppycock.

If you're good at math, you'll be good at both algebra and geometry :)
    asterisk_man Posts: 476, Reputation: 32

Jun 23, 2007, 06:08 AM
    Especially if you "loved" algebra I you probably enjoy math in general and should probably continue to enjoy math in the future. Don't be afraid, it's just more of the world to explore
    koreankoshi1 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Jun 23, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Geometry is just really about shapes and figures. If you want to study it,go to AAA Math or Math.com.
    10cstephens Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jul 5, 2007, 04:03 PM
    Yeah, I will be in 10th grade this year and I had geometry last year, it isn't bad at all, I had a 4.0 and I was good at algebra, so that isn't true
    eaca1234 Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Nov 29, 2007, 10:19 PM
    Ah, pish-posh, geometry is easy.
    You'll do fine, especially if you like math.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Geometry thing [ 1 Answers ]

What's the surface area for a________ with edge length 5 (tetrahedron) Hexahedron Octahedron Dodecahedron ...

Geometry - baffled [ 1 Answers ]

How do I figure out the following question: A close rectangular box has a surface area of 1000 square centimeters. Its length is twice its width and its height is 6 times its width, what is the volume?

Some geometry stuff [ 3 Answers ]

A trapezoid's parallel sides are 8 decimeters and 18dm, the other sides are 8.1dm and 5dm. How do I find surface area and height of the trapezoid? We're studying trigonometry at the moment, but I can't think of any way to solve it this way, so I need your help, thanks.

Projective geometry [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find some solved exercises about duality, projective transformations, conics, quadrics?? help me :confused:

View more questions Search