Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 11:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    What bugs me is where was I before I was born? Is there some sort of celestial nursery where tiny souls are waiting to be born? And what about having lived before in another time?
    I agree. I've always thought that the question of where we were before we were born is at least as interesting as where we'll be after we die, but somehow it sure gets a lot less attention, doesn't it?

in the final end it all boils down to** I DON'T KNOW!!**
    Seems like a perfectly acceptable answer to me, but apparently a lot of people aren't satisfied with it, so they keep looking until they find one that suits them. That's fine with me, but it is kind of irritating when they insist that "I don't know" isn't an acceptable answer for anybody.
    Retrotia Posts: 163, Reputation: 19
    -

Jun 24, 2007, 11:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy
    Well, there is this:

The Bible contains a lot of different ideas and viewpoints, and they aren't all consistent. We each get to decide what to notice and what to ignore. It doesn't "tell us" anything. We have to interpret it.
    ECCLESIASTES-
    The teacher, a king in Jerusalem, searches in this book for a purpose to his life. After various pursuits, frustrated by not finding satisfactory answers, he discovers that happiness is in the Lord and obeying his word(ECCLESIASTES 12:11-14)

In addition, this is before Jesus. Many of the prophesies in the O.T. were fulfilled because of Jesus. There were many Jews who did believe in that time- and of course many who didn't. Many have come to Christianity because of revelation(esp. because of those fulfilled prophesies)
    Now, even in Maccabees they still believed in a Messiah that would rescue them from sheol.
    However, after the Messiah(Jesus) came, then there became no excuse. One could be faithful to God in the O.T. days and be saved from the grave when they died, because of Whom they knew at the time.

Don't give up so easily on the faith, before you find answers. If you look with a pure heart, you will receive the desires of your heart. If one looks with intentions to disprove- I think it keeps someone in disbelief & rebellion.
    I pray that the truth you reject will be made real to you. Even the tiniest mustard seed of faith will work.
    God Bless You.
    -

Jun 24, 2007, 11:30 AM
    Ya know I never wondered too much about what happens to you when you die. We're all gonna find out in the end. What bugs me is where was I before I was born? Is there some sort of celestial nursery where tiny souls are waiting to be born? And what about having lived before in another time?
    That would shoot hell outta the Gods Nursery theory. So where does that leave us? Why right where we've always been! You can quote Bible passages to me till the cows come home but in the final end it all boils down to** I DON'T KNOW!!**
    I don't think we can know that much about God in this lifetime. His thoughts are so much higher than ours.
    But this is a question I think I'm going to ask Him when I behold Him in Heaven!
    stefani1 Posts: 47, Reputation: 4

Jun 24, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey5765
    There are people who have lived and died without ever knowing Christ. Do you really think our Heavenly Father would have them live eternally in hell? No, He is a loving Father. Hell is reserved for those who have committed grievous sins without repentance. There is hope for us all. We all will be resurrected and judged by One who knows us best. ANd then we will receive our reward or punishment.
    This is true, he is aloving god, but have you ever stopped to think that if he is our heavenly father... he is a father a parent like us... We would not punish our children by burning them. Why would he punish us for our sins by throwing us in a firepit for ever? It just doesn't make sense to me. I was raised catholic and every time I go to catholic church, I can't help but feel remourse and ashamed and like I am going to burn in the fires of hell and be condenmed for everything I do. It makes me not want to go because I only feel bad. I have been studiying and reading from the bible with a Jehovas witness co worker and she has been teaching me a lot. I am not converting or anything but It is extremely interesting. ;)
    Bubbler Posts: 69, Reputation: 13

Jun 24, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stefani1
    this is true, he is aloving god, but have you ever stopped to think that if he is our heavenly father... he is a father a parent like us... We would not punish our children by burning them. Why would he punish us for our sins by throwing us in a firepit for ever? It just doesnt make sense to me. I was raised catholic and every time I go to catholic church, I can't help but feel remourse and ashamed and like I am going to burn in the fires of hell and be condenmed for everything I do. It makes me not want to go becuase I only feel bad. I have been studiying and readin from the bible with a Jehovas witness co worker and she has been teaching me alot. I am not converting or anything but It is extremely interesting. ;)
    Christianity is made up by a lot of different groups, churches etc that all teach in there own way !

Some of them are miss guided and some not so miss guided, do not worry about what others in a building think of you, its what the Lord knows about you and thinks about you that counts :) Are there any other local place's that are of your faith close to your home that may teach the bible and faith in a way that you feel more comfortable with.
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrotia
    Don't give up so easily on the faith, before you find answers. If you look with a pure heart, you will receive the desires of your heart.
    Not to worry, Retro, I haven't given up on faith, I have answers aplenty, and the desires of my heart are already satisfied.

If one looks with intentions to disprove- I think it keeps someone in disbelief & rebellion.
    My intention isn't to disprove, but to expand. The fact that I don't share all of your beliefs doesn't make me a rebellious disbeliever, except in your eyes.

I pray that the truth you reject will be made real to you. Even the tiniest mustard seed of faith will work.
    God Bless You.
    And I pray that you will learn tolerance and respect for the beliefs of others. God bless you, as well.
    -

Jun 24, 2007, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stefani1
    this is true, he is aloving god, but have you ever stopped to think that if he is our heavenly father... he is a father a parent like us... We would not punish our children by burning them. Why would he punish us for our sins by throwing us in a firepit for ever? It just doesnt make sense to me. I was raised catholic and every time I go to catholic church, I can't help but feel remourse and ashamed and like I am going to burn in the fires of hell and be condenmed for everything I do. It makes me not want to go becuase I only feel bad. I have been studiying and readin from the bible with a Jehovas witness co worker and she has been teaching me alot. I am not converting or anything but It is extremely interesting. ;)
    stefani1,
    in Hosea-he prophesied during the last days of Israel, focusing on her sin of spiritual adultery(that is, idolatry)God warns them to repent of their unfaithfulness & return to him.
    Hosea 2:4 "I will not show my love to her children, because they are the children of adultery."
    1 John 5:1-12
    Faith in the Son of God

1Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. 2This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. 3This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, 4for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

6This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 7For there are three that testify: 8the[a] Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement. 9We accept man's testimony, but God's testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10Anyone who believes in the Son of God has this testimony in his heart. Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
    By reading the Bible we can see who are the children of God.
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 12:49 PM
    Retrotia agrees: Yes, I accept that you believe something else(which I don't understand what that is)I pray God will have patience with you to find true faith.
    Can you conceive that there may be a faith that is true for someone else, yet differs from your own? I pray God will have patience with you as well.
    -

Jun 24, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Can you conceive that there may be a faith that is true for someone else, yet differs from your own? I pray God will have patience with you as well.
    Only in the natural. My spirit rules though & tells me it's SIN
    So now what will you do? Go to the (other) religion category-or stick around to fight with Christians? Is that what your faith says to do? Well, I figure I'm not wrestling with flesh & blood any longer here. I'll keep my weapons for something important. :eek:
    All ego, no Spirit.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2007, 02:11 PM
    Retro,
    Please reread the original question before insulting the posters.
    Thank you.

Jun 24, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Retro,
    Thank you.
    I agree with you ;) seems that this thread is going well off base as to the question that the op posted !

We will all always have our own views whether we are Christian or a none believer or of a different faith, that's the fun of forums that we can all shear our views and idears in an open honest environment :) but lets not put one another down !
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Thanks for the breath of fresh air Bubbler.

Jun 24, 2007, 02:26 PM
    Thanks for the breath of fresh air Bubbler.
    Your welcome ;)
    -

Jun 24, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Retro,
    Thank you.
    I've read the original question & I gave a mature Christian's answer. You don't mingle well in the Christian category because the truth hurts. But instead of letting the Bible condemn you, there is hope because a Christian's truth is the truth that can set you free.
    Seek Jesus, NK. He loves you very much & is waiting for you to accept that love.

Remember, God gave us free will to love Him or not. Amen. :rolleyes:
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2007, 03:01 PM
    Some of us choose to be free thinkers. There is no truth you have that we do not. There is no one more free than I. I mingle well with all because I don't speak condescenly to others. Your fellow man loves you, try to love him back.
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 04:03 PM
    Can you conceive that there may be a faith that is true for someone else, yet differs from your own?
    Only in the natural. My spirit rules though & tells me it's SIN
    I'll take that as a "No".
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 04:29 PM
    I see this is another perfect example of a thread involving a whole heap of so called 'christians' slamming everyone that doesn't think the same way they do.

Hope, no one knows for sure what happens after we die. Better off worrying about what happens and what you do with your life before you die.
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 04:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbler
    I agree with you ;) seems that this thread is going well off base as to the question that the op posted !

We will all always have our own views whether we are Christian or a none believer or of a different faith, thats the fun of forums that we can all shear our views and idears in an open honest environment :) but lets not put one another down !
    Thanks, Bubbler. I also appreciate your perspective.
    -

Jun 24, 2007, 05:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    I see this is another perfect example of a thread involving whole heap of so called 'christians' slamming everyone that doesn't think the same way they do.

Hope, no one knows for sure what happens after we die. Better off worrying about what happens and what you do with your life before you die.
    1) And I see it as one taking on four! And what a fine bunch of gentlemen you are.
    2) We choose to have hope & everyone has their reasons. She wouldn't have asked the question if she didn't want discuss it. Christians that I know don't worry about this life. They just take care of things. The Bible says not to worry as it doesn't benefit us for the time. I know you were using it as an expression- but I just thought I'd mention it. Christians can have divine protection in this life too. There is power in our prayers. All nice things in this life. Thank God. But this life is only temporal. Some want to hear on life eternal. Many religions do.
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2007, 06:27 AM
    Hope12 disagrees: I totallly disagree because then there is no purpose to living. [posted here]

I'm living. I'm having a great time. What is it you require to know about death that makes your life worth living? Why do you ask for our views then disagree with them? Do you see any of us disagreeing with you? What is wrong with you people?? Do you PM each other to gang up on dissenting views?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is it better that I die? [ 31 Answers ]

I have been fascinated by dead and suicide since I was very little. Before I was 8 I had already tried to die several times. I mostly tried by handing myself. But the ropes I chose weren't strong enough or I couldn't tie descend knot. Once I tried to jump out a window but someone pulled me back. I...

Can I die? Please help me someone! [ 20 Answers ]

:( Heey! I'm a 18 year old girl, that used movate cream for some month and didn't see any result so I used it up to six time or more a day. Then I accidentally got it round my mouth and lips, but I just dryed it with a towel and didn't think think much about any side effects. Then after a while a...

Am I going to die? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guyz... Please advice me... I'm really worried and desperate nowadays. I thought at first I was pregnant during my first month delay of my mentruation because in my entire life this is the first time experienced the delay on my menstuation. My boyfriend and I expecting a baby. After two...

View more questions Search