Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UsBlkgal Posts: 83, Reputation: 9

Jun 21, 2007, 09:52 PM
    Do I need a visa or passport?
    I am a % disabled veteran (with a retired/disabled military card). Do I need a visa or passport to go oversees? Also, what is the difference between the two?
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

Jun 21, 2007, 10:05 PM
    Most foreign countries require a US Passport for you to enter and leave. So yes, you will need a passport. Some require a Visa for all, some waive them for tourists and short business trips

Americans Traveling Abroad
    campsoup1988 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2007, 08:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by UsBlkgal
    I am a % disabled veteran (with a retired/disabled military card). Do I need a visa or passport to go oversees? Also, what is the difference between the two?
    If you have government issued photo id (I used my drivers licences), you should have no problem getting into the US from Mexico if you walk across the border or drive across the border, I did it a week ago. My recommendation though, is to walk across the border, it only took me about 40 minutes to wait online, and only about 5 minutes to check my id (I also did not buy anything, so I did not need to worry about taxes).

If you fly or take a boat/cruise to Mexico you do need a passport.

A passport will be required to walk/drive across the Mexico border in 2008
    UsBlkgal Posts: 83, Reputation: 9

Aug 14, 2007, 09:00 PM
    I have used my California Id to visit tijuana but had to purchase a passport to fly into Mexico city. That was before my 100% from the air force. What I wanted to know is that now that I have a disabled veteran card would I be able to use it as a passport? My disabled veteran card gives me the same benefits that the retired vets card does retirees. Thanks for answering.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 09:01 PM
    I just asked my husband for you hun (he's Active Duty) and he said only Active Duty ID's can take the place of a passport. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GHANA passport and visa [ 14 Answers ]

Does anybody have answer on following questions: - If a Ghananian applies at Ghananian authorities for international passport, how much does that cost? - If a Ghananian applies at German embassy for tourist or aupair visa, how much does that cost? Thank you very much for helping me Best from...

Ghana passport and visa [ 12 Answers ]

My girlfriend lives in ghana and wants to move here to england to live with me.How can I help her get a passport and visa?how much do they cost?

Passport visa cost [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend live in ghana how do I help her get a passport visa the cost for her to come live with me in the us - moved from Relationships -

Passport and visa [ 1 Answers ]

My girl friend lives in Ghana and want to move here to Canada to live with me.How can I help her get a passport and visa and how much do they cost,thanks thibeaub

View more questions Search