Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ngida Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2007, 08:27 PM
    Who can?
    Answer this question not less than 100 words

1. how does a thing look a like when nobody look at it?

2.I am holding a white borard marker right now,prove to me that it does not exist
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 21, 2007, 08:44 PM
    These two questions are related. They are like the question, "If a tree in the forest falls over, does it make a noise if there is no one there to hear it?" If there are no eyes looking at the thing, does it exist? If no one is looking at the white board marker, does it exist?

You will have to take a yes or no position, and prove your position. I'm guessing this is homework, so no one here will help you. This is how you learn logic and reasoning.
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Jun 25, 2007, 04:14 AM
    Honestly there are far better questions to answer than this
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2007, 05:02 AM
    The original poster is looking for answers from people who have the ability to answer their questions and not be judgmental of the fact that they have asked the questions in the first place.
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

Jul 3, 2007, 07:47 AM
    This is indeed is just like the "if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound" question just like Wondergirl said. Here are my thoughts on the subject. Now before I answer these I have to say I won't be answering these in 100 words or less because I have a lot to say :( sorry. (please don't give me a reddy for not doing 'perfectly what you ask' :P) *Edit* ohhh OK you said not LESS than 100 words, Ok I did that perfectly after all xD

1. When you say how does a thing look a like when nobody look at it, how do you think it looks like? It looks excatly like it does. There is nothing that can change that enless something physically changes it. Although no one is there to look at it, IT is still in being. If someone dies and is buried will their body still be there if no one is nearby? This is a question that is similar. The answer is of course it would be. If you randomly go to the gravesite and dig there what do you think you would find? A BODY! (of course it would be nasty and decomposed EWWW lol). So to answer your question in my mind of course it would look the same as it was the last time someone looked at it ENLESS it was changed by something else.

2. Again, this question is similar to your other one. I can prove to you that it does AND does not exist. First I will go on the does not exist side just like you asked for. If you are holding it in your hand at this very moment how would it not exist? The answer is simple; I am not around to see that it is your hand, so therefore, you can not prove to me that it does exist and neither can I because there is no way I can know that it is there; So in MY world it does not exist. Remember, I said in MY world meaning someone that is NOT in range of seeing the marker to know that it is there. On the other side though, it does in fact exist. Although, in MY world it doesn't (because I have no way of knowing) in the REAL world it does exist. Being that matter can never be destroyed or made it has to be there in some form or another. If you are holding it in your hand at this very moment it exist IN THE REAL WORLD not personal worlds (viewpoints) no matter what anyone says enless you are mentally picturing a marker in your hand.

This was sort of fun thanks :)
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 12:07 AM
    A thing looks the same when nobody is looking at it or when someone is looking at it. The object reflects the same amount of light. It depends on the eyes that are looking at it. A dog will see it differently than a human or a rat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search